Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: SAFE MMA - backed by BAMMA, CWFC and UCMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    That is correct.
    Then enjoy fighting on ISKA shows

I simply confirmed what he said, if you wish to re-direct it to him that's cool.

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Something to bear in mind.

There's a lot of talk about MMA and regulation going round at the moment. I've been fielding a few media phone calls over the last few days, talking about safety issues in the sport. Like it or not, there are people out there who would love to see MMA discredited, and they'll jump on any negative story they can find.

I think in the long run we have two choices. Sooner or later, something will happen that will make the current "free for all" situation unsustainable.

We can either regulate ourselves, or we can wait and have people outside the sport step in and force it on us. If that happens, who knows what form it'll take. Which would you prefer?

If you've got questions, or concerns, then get in touch and make your voice heard. Let's make this work.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Just saw a really good news piece on ITV Wales. Marc G spoke and Mark Woodward especially got some air time. Great ambassadors. Wish I could be at the presser - hope that goes really well.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Then enjoy fighting on ISKA shows
    Lol Ian you really dont like ISKA do you.

^ After all they are one of the biggest governing bodies in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    ^ After all they are one of the biggest governing bodies in the world.
    I used ISKA for the 1st Cage Fury.......unsure as yet if im using them for the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Just saw a really good news piece on ITV Wales. Marc G spoke and Mark Woodward especially got some air time. Great ambassadors. Wish I could be at the presser - hope that goes really well.
    The ITV1 Wales - Wales this week was a 50/50 thing. they could of gone with us or against us but they decided to go with us as the right people were featured. Showed the sport in a good light. Also wish i could attend Thursday, but i'm working :-( good luck everyone!

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Want to say good luck for tomorrow for all involved
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

This is a great step forward for UK MMA.

Will it be perfect right from the get go? Probably not.

But trying to shoot it down before the official launch is stupid. With Marc and Rosi backing it up it has the credibility to really go places and the fact that CW, UCMMA and BAMMA have all got together speaks volumes.

I wish I was able to attend the launch but I am out the country with work and too far away.

Best of luck guys.