Thread: Cagewarriors 48

Hybrid View

Default Cagewarriors 48

After watching cagewarriors last night and being shocked at some of the decisions made by the judges (namely seery vs Harrison) can someone explain how a round is scored and a point count finalised?? One of the rounds was called at 30/27 seery? I must have been watching a different fight

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hanlon View Post
    After watching cagewarriors last night and being shocked at some of the decisions made by the judges (namely seery vs Harrison) can someone explain how a round is scored and a point count finalised?? One of the rounds was called at 30/27 seery? I must have been watching a different fight
    It's a ten-point must system where the winner of the round gets 10 and the loser 9 or less unless it's a tied round (10-10, which are usually rare). The scores are collated, and in that particular result obviously Seery was deemed to have won all three round by 10-9, hence 30-27. Didn't see the fight so can't comment but that's how that score was attained.

Pro Fighter
    Chris Garry

Good to see you with an account on here brother!

About Karl's fight first off I didn't score it, I watched it from first bell to last and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I wasn't watching it from a judges perspective.
    After the three rounds I was expecting Seery to have his hand raised, tbh, and was surprised so many people were saying robbery when it was clearly such a close fight.
    If I get chance to see it again I might change my mind but it seemed like whilst Karl used a lot of movement there were some spells where he didn't really do very much, and with Seery the aggressor it could be argued he landed more significant strikes. It was a tough one for the judges though and with each round being scored strictly on its own merits it can leave a close fight not appearing so close, ie when 30-27 is scored in a fight where one guy slightly edges all three rounds.

Great to see Karl back in action though, shame about the result, against that level of opponent though he should be confident of smashing the next flyweight he goes up against.
    Dont be surprised when they quit; be surprised when they dont!!