Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack Marshman, Xavier Foupa-Pokam Headline BAMMA 11

I think Xavier is much better than his recent record suggests, good fight IMO

I still don't see how BAMMA can market from this...

Marshman wins, he defeats a guy very much on the decline whos won 2 in his last 11 meaning he's being fed opponents.
    Xavier wins, Marshman is overrated and trying to turn him into the next BAMMA MW Champion ultimately fails.

Why has he not been matched against... Denniston? Both beat Leeroy, both coming off a win on the last BAMMA show.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I still don't see how BAMMA can market from this...

Marshman wins, he defeats a guy very much on the decline whos won 2 in his last 11 meaning he's being fed opponents.
    Xavier wins, Marshman is overrated and trying to turn him into the next BAMMA MW Champion ultimately fails.

Why has he not been matched against... Denniston? Both beat Leeroy, both coming off a win on the last BAMMA show.
    i think BAMMA need s star now that Watson and Wallhead have moved onto other things, in Marshman they have someone with strong hands capable of knocking people out, hes a big ticket seller and has a nice story.

In Pro X you have a guy who has fought all over the world, UFC experience and will be a good name to sell in the new star.

win/win

Well they never had a star in Wallhead because they never give him Watson following his win over Trigg but you're right he has been taken out of the equation. Watson was a big UK name and I like they're trying to create another however they're creating the whole Promotion around one fighter because Marshman is all you hear about, I'd like them to mix it up a little and start crowning champions at other weight classes and get some of the bigger UK names out there, no offence to Marshman because he's a great fighter but he isn't even ranked in the top 10. He is capable of knocking people out but if he fought someone like Trigg he'd be dismantled like Phillips, he would just wrestle him and highlight his flaws unless he got to him first and sparked him out, a big ticket seller doesn't matter on a show were they're needing to shift thousands and thousands of tickets.

If they want an ex UFC dude who's a serious threat that will test him, stick him in with this dude: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucio_Linhares
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 31-10-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Number 9 in the September YourMMA rankings...

I apologise because I haven't looked at September but look at Watson he's ranked two, that were he was when he walked into the UFC, Marshman has Zikic, Fields, Phillips, Da Silva and Zelg all above him... You'd be a good fight Lovey.

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Would love to but I don't think BAMMA would be interested in it. If they are I'd be all over it.

Didnt realise Prof X's career had hit such a bad run, was a decent fighter many moons ago to be fair but agree the UFC stint seems to have wrecked him, haven't seen him fight in ages so no idea if he's on the decline but he was a reasonably talented fighter to be fair, should be a decent fight.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.