Marc Goddard disagrees
    As does Aaron Chatfield

Both UFC officials

Iska call "NSAC" rules Amateur A.
    What the hell is Pro B rules???????

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    Iska call "NSAC" rules Amateur A.
    What the hell is Pro B rules???????
    Seriously who cares what the ISKA think?

The reason why there are a million different rules sets is that everyone wants to do what suits themselves.

Some promoters charge 25 quid for a pro card, others want to milk the most money they can from people and from fighters and charge people the same amount for putting on a show with 20 no-head shot Ammy fights.

End of the day if you are actively promoting 3 different Amateur rule sets on a show you are only making life a lot more confusing and are part of the problem, not the solution
    Last edited by iandean; 01-11-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Seriously who cares what the ISKA think?
    Quite a few ISKA shows.

Ben Pro B Class is suppose to be full Professional rules, minus Elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Quite a few ISKA shows.

What is the point in that lol..

@Ian seriously what is your issue with ISKA? I have had zero issues with them other than they didnt like me doing my own title on Cage Fury.
    There are very few shows now that are still using the old "Amateur" and "Semi Pro" rule sets most are now using just the Amateur A rules and pros thats it. There is no way with the costs that go into a show that many could charge under 25 per ticket as most do not have the budget or backing that you at CW have....everyone starts somewhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Quite a few ISKA shows.

Name me some high level UK shows sanctioned by the ISKA

On an MMA front non BUT that is because they are new to MMA and at least they are attempting to put a single rule set in operation. Fight Ikon used them I do believe

There was never an argument over which UK shows use the ISKA, Ben stated the ISKA call NSAC Rules Amateur A, you said who cares, I was just saying quite a few ISKA shows. For a list of Promotions worldwide that use the ISKA please refer to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    What is the point in that lol..

@Ian seriously what is your issue with ISKA? I have had zero issues with them other than they didnt like me doing my own title on Cage Fury.
    There are very few shows now that are still using the old "Amateur" and "Semi Pro" rule sets most are now using just the Amateur A rules and pros thats it. There is no way with the costs that go into a show that many could charge under 25 per ticket as most do not have the budget or backing that you at CW have....everyone starts somewhere!!
    I don't think they do a good job for MMA and with their multiple rulesets confuse things even more, plus they don't act as the safety net they profess to be. And you pay them for sanctioning yet they haven't even put your records on Sherdog.

I just don't see what they do, maybe they help up-and-coming promoters with stuff, hey i was mocked by 1 ISKA member at a show this yuear as a "big time Charlie" so maybe it's just me.