Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "NSAC Rules"

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    There was never an argument over which UK shows use the ISKA, Ben stated the ISKA call NSAC Rules Amateur A, you said who cares, I was just saying quite a few ISKA shows. For a list of Promotions worldwide that use the ISKA please refer to their website.
    The ISKA used to say they sanctioned Strikeforce events, when in reality the State commission in the USA were the real sanctioning body behind that show.

Maybe it's just me but i don't think Kickboxing orgs who come into MMA have a particularly great track record

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    The ISKA used to say they sanctioned Strikeforce events, when in reality the State commission in the USA were the real sanctioning body behind that show.

Maybe it's just me but i don't think Kickboxing orgs who come into MMA have a particularly great track record
    What sanctioning body put results on Sherdog in the Uk?
    As far as I know I need to email them over I have just forgot all about it.

Friend of mine who runs a decent show used iska dropped it due to lack of value. Wont name him because he told me in private but its a decent show. Not meaning to shit stir some of you saying its good just adding what ive been told.

as for rule sets I just want to see no head shots bouts disapear. Always drags cards down for me

"semi pro" seems like its used on loads of smaller shows, no idea why maybe people just think its sounds better???
    Last edited by sol_dave; 01-11-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post

"semi pro" seems like its used on loads of smaller shows, no idea why maybe people just think its sounds better???
    Less and less are now using the "Semi Pro" rule set most are just using one Amateur rule set that is 7oz gloves head shots on the ground no elbows.

Amateur - full rules minus elbows, neck cranks and heel hooks in 'spar-master' type gloves

Pro - full rules as per CW/UFC etc

Its that simple...

I think Made 4 the Cage started this trend, at least it was the first I heard of it.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Amateur - full rules minus elbows, neck cranks and heel hooks in 'spar-master' type gloves

Pro - full rules as per CW/UFC etc

Its that simple...
    This..........
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Who gives a shit really? It's fair enough saying just call it pro and amateur but the unified rules aren't the only recognised pro rules and I haven't seen any clear guidance on what Ammy rules should be so until there's a proper governing body that covers pro and amateur shows can do what rules they want and call it what they want

If only there was a governing body or commission....
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    I don't think they do a good job for MMA and with their multiple rulesets confuse things even more, plus they don't act as the safety net they profess to be. And you pay them for sanctioning yet they haven't even put your records on Sherdog.

I just don't see what they do, maybe they help up-and-coming promoters with stuff, hey i was mocked by 1 ISKA member at a show this yuear as a "big time Charlie" so maybe it's just me.
    Pipe down Big Time Charlie
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA