Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fighter Opinion: Safe MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Admittedly I haven't read all the information about this yet but if a fighter is knocked out on a show signed up with Safe MMA, does this mean he/she cannot compete on another Safe MMA show within an alloted time? It has always been a major concern for me that a fighter could suffer a bad knockout and fight again the following weekend. If Safe MMA can sort that out, it will be a major plus.

Overall, this looks very positive. The cost of someone being severely hurt on a UK show will be far more than the cost of signing up to Safe MMA.
    Yeah, 30 days (I think) no fight
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Cheers Jim!

Well ive already got a sponsor to pay it for me so ill be signing up once its ready to be done lol there was no way i was payin out of my pocket there was no way i could have luckily got it sorted
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simba84 View Post
    Well ive already got a sponsor to pay it for me so ill be signing up once its ready to be done lol there was no way i was payin out of my pocket there was no way i could have luckily got it sorted
    i suspect as SAFE MMA grows, this will be the norm.

MMA in the UK will be boosted by the fact it has medical backing and safety requirements to be met, which in turn, i suspect, will increase the amount of sponsors attracted to the sport

I'm definitely 100% behind this and will be looking to register as a fighter. Only problem for me, as a novice pro (3-0) if it's only the bigger shows signing up, they ain't gonna have me on (I've tried LOL) at least not regularly. Will be interesting to see how many shows sign up up to this. It will make it very tricky for people like me, if every time I fought on an UN-Safe MMA show, I had to redo my tests (I understand it has to be this way though)

I do believe it is an exciting step in the right direction and agree that the clear separation between Amateur and Pro is much needed.
    - KRIS BARRAS - FORCA LUTA -

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm watching the video that we're currently uploading to the Your MMA youtube channel now, and there's a lot of clarity there.

Keep your eyes peeled http://www.youtube.com/yourmma.

Interesting is that if you're a Safe MMA registered fighter fighting for a Safe MMA registered promotion and you opt to take a fight on a non-Safe MMA promotion, you'll have to re-submit bloods again due to the fact that you're fighting on a show with no bloods etc. If it has bloods, you will just have to sent that proof for your opponent through I believe.
    makes complete sense

Superb read and good to know what the fighters think of it. Cheers Jay.
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!