Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fighter Opinion: Safe MMA

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Nathan - valid point, but I think that would be a matter for the fighter to discuss with the promoter rather than an issue for SAFE MMA itself.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

I have a company car and every year I have to show my employer that I have a valid driving licence or they won't let me drive. They didn't pay for my driving lessons though.

Just saying.

I'm watching the video that we're currently uploading to the Your MMA youtube channel now, and there's a lot of clarity there.

Keep your eyes peeled http://www.youtube.com/yourmma.

Interesting is that if you're a Safe MMA registered fighter fighting for a Safe MMA registered promotion and you opt to take a fight on a non-Safe MMA promotion, you'll have to re-submit bloods again due to the fact that you're fighting on a show with no bloods etc. If it has bloods, you will just have to sent that proof for your opponent through I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    Nathan - valid point, but I think that would be a matter for the fighter to discuss with the promoter rather than an issue for SAFE MMA itself.
    Yeah when I see it written down I do see it as a matter between fighter and promoter.

Like I said though I think it's a great thing and will definitely be signing up
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm watching the video that we're currently uploading to the Your MMA youtube channel now, and there's a lot of clarity there.

Keep your eyes peeled http://www.youtube.com/yourmma.

Interesting is that if you're a Safe MMA registered fighter fighting for a Safe MMA registered promotion and you opt to take a fight on a non-Safe MMA promotion, you'll have to re-submit bloods again due to the fact that you're fighting on a show with no bloods etc. If it has bloods, you will just have to sent that proof for your opponent through I believe.
    That's very interesting. Good idea from a safety point of view but it does fall more into the idea of a cartel. With the SAFE shows controlling the better and more high profile fighters, not directly but through a repeat payment. It's certainly a carrot to bring the smaller promotions under the SAFE banner.

But the smaller promotions can't afford to join up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    But the smaller promotions can't afford to join up.
    600 over the course of a year isn't a great deal. I'd think if any promotions couldn't afford 600 on improving the safety of their promotion then they shouldn't be running a show. If those same promotions are looking to be putting on a few known pro fighters on each card, then from what I can see soon wont be able to as those guys will only be fighting on SafeMMA compliant shows. Or it's going to be harder and more costly to do so. So it's going to negatively impact those smaller shows that don't comply, who are looking to expand and improve, both in quality and financially in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by THE FIGHT SCENE View Post
    600 over the course of a year isn't a great deal. I'd think if any promotions couldn't afford 600 on improving the safety of their promotion then they shouldn't be running a show. If those same promotions are looking to be putting on a few known pro fighters on each card, then from what I can see soon wont be able to as those guys will only be fighting on SafeMMA compliant shows. Or it's going to be harder and more costly to do so. So it's going to negatively impact those smaller shows that don't comply, who are looking to expand and improve, both in quality and financially in the long term.
    The 600 is not the issue its the small talent pool that there will be with amateur fighters...
    I cant see ammy lads/ladies rushing to sign up for this with there ticket commission.

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

I suspect as a result of this, we'll start seeing a greater separation between amateur and pro. There'll probably be more amateur only events, and maybe some fighters won't be so quick to jump on the pro bandwagon without getting experience at amateur first. I think that's a good thing.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

This was my concern also. But the scheme is for pro only.