Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One to watch?

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Default One to watch?

Ok i know these threads normally end up with:

"fighter X because i train with him" etc

But just seeing who people think are names to look out for? fighting Am or just starting their Pro career? who has flown under the hype radar etc:

one to start off are Marc Diakese (sp?) i think he is something like 8-0 now and always entertaining.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

from what ive seen i would have to say darren till, still only 18 i think,

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    Ok i know these threads normally end up with:

"fighter X because i train with him" etc

But just seeing who people think are names to look out for? fighting Am or just starting their Pro career? who has flown under the hype radar etc:

one to start off are Marc Diakese (sp?) i think he is something like 8-0 now and always entertaining.
    Good shout Widge - Diakese is entertaining and is a great prospect - saw him at UCFC and CSFC this year - impressed at both.
    Last edited by DeanoW; 01-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

Leon Edwards 2-1 - lad out of utc I think, has a loss but it was a bs dq loss. Very calm guy thai style stand up and a great guard.

Martin Wong ran over Mark Handley to go 2-0 at the last ommac he looked decent, very dangerous on the ground

gotta admit id heard nothing about Alan Philpott until he beat Edwards at cw this past weekend hugely impressive because as most know Edwards is a legit prospect himself

Lawrence fitz aswel 3-0 at pro, dont know why he been inactive this year but from what ive seen an from what i hear, he's a legit beast an will be a unit @ fw, hope he gets the fights in next year!

Mike wooten aswel he's very well rounded an will be a hard fight for any of the top bw's in this country

Agree with Diakese and Leon, both very talented

There's an Ammy guy called Mike Jackson who has impressed me when ive seen him, think he's at AVT now

Anas Mounir is good, as is Charles Libor

Gotta shout out two I train with Nick Fadiora and Harry Marple, both been on a tear this year

I think Tom breese will really break through to be atop name in the pro ranks in the coming year or so

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Marcin Wrzosek (4-0), Nottingham is pretty handy and under the radar who also fights another big prospect in Nad Narimani (3-0) on Fight UK on the 17th Nov both have solid Am/SP careers (Marcin 7-2:Nad 5-0)

Sean Wright (3-1 loss due to broken leg in the 1st 10 seconds) who will be active next year, coming off some injuries but he will be climbing up rankings soon and possibly dropping to FW
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Dean Garnett (4-0) impressed me the last time I saw him fight back in April. He's got a load of potential.

I rate Yannick Bahati as well. His upcoming scrap at FIGHT UK with Matt Hallam should be a cracker.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Ryan White
    Pro Fighter

Ash miah of ZT only 17 but a great young fighter his fist fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE5_I_LjBJE&sns=em
    the bullshit stops when the cage door locks!!! @prosystemsmma

Wooten
    Menga
    Wong
    Rodgers all look like top prospects

Up here Paul McBain, Cammy Scott and Scott Malone are the top prospects who should be turning pro soon.