Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One to watch?

From what I've seen this year:
    Owain Parry - very convincing at Shock n Awe. unbeaten as an AMA and now 2-0
    Scott Hunt - undefeated in 7 outings i think, open trials finalist...3-0 pro. tough fight in november against Phil Else. Could be 5-0 and ranked by end of year if he wins his next 2.
    Another nod to Alan Philpott
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Chris Miah. Pretty much unheard of outside of Birmingham. 5-0-1 (tom creasey) ammy/semi , 3-0 pro. Fighting Mark Handley for the flyweight pro title on fight uk in a couple of weeks, no doubt he's going to smash it !!! He is a force !! Blue belt under braulio and done well in the european no gi's in london recently. Look out for this kid he will be on the radar soon !! !!

Sam Wilkinson he is a bw fighting out of hull MDMA I think

Chris Miah and Josh foster both flyweights @ pro, sparred with both and definitely going places, would have been a good scrap on fight uk.
    Greg grimshaw when he turns pro will be a unit, think he's 8-1 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Sam Wilkinson he is a bw fighting out of hull MDMA I think
    Yeah totally forgot about Sam.

Seen him fight quite a few times and he deffo has some legit skills.

Wouldn't mind seeing him and Craig Thomas Boyle going at it in a fight somewhere along the line like would be a great fight.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

a few more from the north east:

Lewis Monarch: 5-0 semi pro 18 years old about to have his first pro fight this month

Lewis Garside: 5-1-1 crazy KO power for a Feather weight, always in exciting fights.

Lewis is a good prospect and seems a geniunelly nice lad. He even bought me a pint after smashing my eye in lol. Thers quite afew good lads fighting out of the same gym the fish tank with Andrew Fisher
    3-5-1

Walter Gahadza. The guy is a beast, great BJJ, great stand up. Without a doubt one to watch
    A Black belt is just a White Belt that never quits

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_S_ View Post
    a few more from the north east:

Lewis Monarch: 5-0 semi pro 18 years old about to have his first pro fight this month

Lewis Garside: 5-1-1 crazy KO power for a Feather weight, always in exciting fights.
    Somehow managed to forget about these as well lol. I'm usually good at rattling stuff off like this until i have actually have to then my mind's a blank lol.

Lewis Monarch will be an absolute beast like. His wrestling is awesome and submitted Speedy Elliot in a grappling comp recently too.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

safe to say that the level of the ammy scene in the UK has gone through the roof in the past 2 years