Thread: One to watch?

Josh Collins AVT

19 year old heavyweight, Tom Aspinall

Quote Originally Posted by animale View Post
    19 year old heavyweight, Tom Aspinall
    Best ammy hw in the uk in my eyes

i agree, he will take some stopping

Three amateurs out of the North East to watch for me are:

Anas Siraj Mounir - Absolute beast. 8-0 now and in his last fight beat Dez Parker who was 7-0-1 and no disrespect to Parker but Mounir made him look way out of his depth. Has great striking, great wrestling, great grappling and is an all round beast.

Jonny Ohikere - Have only seen him once or twice and looks a great prospect. Hasn't been fighting that long i don't think but last time out he took out Davie Bowmer in impressive fashion. Bowmer was 7-0 going in i think and they got fight of the night at Made4TheCage last month.

Craig Thomas Boyle - Again not sure on how long he's been competing but think it has been less than a year and is now 4-0. Has some great wrestling and is extremely slick when the fight gets to the ground. All of his wins are pretty quick and always finishes off with a nice back flip.

Then of course in the pro ranks their are shit loads of potential world beaters but top of the pile for me is Ryan Scope. The ay he can make people look silly with little effort is scary. Really do think he will be UFC bound in the next couple of years.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Agree with Scope, id through Connor Mcgregor in there also for guys to watch who will do well in the UFC

global mma (or something like that) ranks non UFC fighters in each class. Some good names listed there that you might not be familiar with.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

In terms of ammys on the brink of going pro that have impressed me this year, I've commentated and been at a lot of shows and the ones that stand out:

Josh Collins - Great hands, wrestling and grappling to give people problems
    Colin Farricker - Legit Thai and a right unit at the weight
    Mark Diakiese - Athletic, great wrestling and unorthdox striking
    Charles Libor - His submission game looked unreal
    Anas Mounir - Beast everywhere and thrives on having gnarly fights
    Andy Craven - Only loss to Diakiese in a close decision, beast

Few others that have three or four wins, really impressed with the amateur talent I've seen this year. Most people introducing unified style amateur rules really seems to have upped the level.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

seen someone mentioned Darren Till, thats a good shout, he has some serious thai. Sean wright is another, the leg break looks nasty in the DNFT Doc.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    In terms of ammys on the brink of going pro that have impressed me this year, I've commentated and been at a lot of shows and the ones that stand out:

Josh Collins - Great hands, wrestling and grappling to give people problems
    Colin Farricker - Legit Thai and a right unit at the weight
    Mark Diakiese - Athletic, great wrestling and unorthdox striking
    Charles Libor - His submission game looked unreal
    Anas Mounir - Beast everywhere and thrives on having gnarly fights
    Andy Craven - Only loss to Diakiese in a close decision, beast

Few others that have three or four wins, really impressed with the amateur talent I've seen this year. Most people introducing unified style amateur rules really seems to have upped the level.
    Libor is the best Ammy wrestler/grappler I've seen for a while, shame his fight with Mounir didn't happen

I fought on AON when Josh Collins won the tourney, watching him made me glad I didn't enter, very good fighter