Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bisping vs Belfort Official For Jan. 19th UFC In Brazil Main Event - Winner?

Hybrid View

Default Bisping vs Belfort Official For Jan. 19th UFC In Brazil Main Event - Winner?

I see Michael Bisping vs Vitor Belfort confirmed for January 19th in Brazil.

As someone who actually believes he could give Anderson Silva a good shot even if it is through a points decision i think Bisping takes this against Vitor.

Whats your thoughts?
    Boxing Equipment - train hard - fight easy

Vitor by KO or Sub.

Think Bisping can beat him these days he looks a great fighter now, just needs to get through the first round then Vitors cardio/power will have gone!

War the Count

This is as bad a match up for mike as silva is, be very surprised if he gets through this. No one can accuse bisping of ducking any fighter, hendo, sonnen and now vitor in title eliminators, what shit luck!
    I do believe weidman turned down a fight with Belfort. He is a good fighter but in all honesty fights against Maia, munoz and boetsch is a nice route to the top of the rankings. All fights I'd expect bisping to win.
    Last edited by Jonny Ninja; 04-11-2012 at 11:10 AM.

It's not shit luck that he's got Vitor, Hendo and Sonnen in title eliminates because he has the beat these guys!! Same with if he fought Weidman, chris would smash him the same way he did Munoz.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    It's not shit luck that he's got Vitor, Hendo and Sonnen in title eliminates because he has the beat these guys!! Same with if he fought Weidman, chris would smash him the same way he did Munoz.
    I think you're talking bollocks. You don't necessarily have to beat the top guys to get a title shot, but you do have to play the cards you're dealt. If mike beats Belfort (unlikely IMO)' and wiedman beats boetsch then they are both on the cusp of a shot. I would take Stann, sonnen and Belfort to easily beat the 3 guys that wiedman has had to face, so yeah, shit luck!
    I'm also not believing all the hype about wiedman until he faces a sonnen or a Belfort.

Belfort ko early. Has too much one punch power for bisping

So hypothetically if Bisping was given a shot without facing these guys would it be bad luck he happened to fight silva for the title or if he beat Silva would it be bad luck to then have to defend it against Sonnen, Belfort etc .. He isn't a championship fighter. Weidman deserves a shot well before Bisping because he's beaten the top fighter in the world at middleweight after Silva.

He's beaten the top mw after silva? You must be pissed, stoned or just fckin mad if you mean either munoz or Maia. Didn't wiedman turn down a fight with vitor as well. Seems like he is picking and choosing who he wants to fight, the path of least resistance!

I think they are both deserving of a shot. In an ideal world they fight each other when wiedman beats boetsch to see who fights for the title. Wiedman is an easier fight for bisping than vitor is!
    Last edited by Jonny Ninja; 04-11-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    He's beaten the top mw after silva? You must be pissed, stoned or just fckin mad if you mean either munoz or Maia. Didn't wiedman turn down a fight with vitor as well. Seems like he is picking and choosing who he wants to fight, the path of least resistance!

I think they are both deserving of a shot. In an ideal world they fight each other when wiedman beats boetsch to see who fights for the title. Wiedman is an easier fight for bisping than vitor is!
    Oh wait...

Didn't the ranked read...

1. Anderson Silva
    2. Mark Munoz

....shit, it sure did, that must have meant that Mark Munoz was the SECOND best fighter at middleweight at the time, hot damn.

Yes he beat Maia who I think was 6/7th at the time then knocked off numero 2. That's fully deserving of a title shot..

On the other side of the argument you have Michael Bisping, the man claiming he deserves a shot, a man who manhandled Jorge Rivera, a man not even ranked in the top 20 fighters in the world, moving on to Jason Miller a man not ranked in the top 15 fighters in the world, a man who had lost to EVERY top fighter he's ever faced before fighting the best middleweight in the world bar Silva, we saw the best Bisping, LOSE to the worst Chael Sonnen, then he knocks off the dude ranked I think 8/9th? Fully deserving.