Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bisping vs Belfort Official For Jan. 19th UFC In Brazil Main Event - Winner?

I wonder where Lee Cage fits into the rankings?

I'd definitely rate him above Silva, maybe even higher than God.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I'd definitely rate him above Silva, maybe even higher than God.
    Completly agree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLITWiSKAT0

I've never seen so much fight from Lee Cage as this video, he bobs, moves, lands shots.... He should apply this to MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Oh wait...

Didn't the ranked read...

1. Anderson Silva
    2. Mark Munoz

....shit, it sure did, that must have meant that Mark Munoz was the SECOND best fighter at middleweight at the time, hot damn.

Yes he beat Maia who I think was 6/7th at the time then knocked off numero 2. That's fully deserving of a title shot..

On the other side of the argument you have Michael Bisping, the man claiming he deserves a shot, a man who manhandled Jorge Rivera, a man not even ranked in the top 20 fighters in the world, moving on to Jason Miller a man not ranked in the top 15 fighters in the world, a man who had lost to EVERY top fighter he's ever faced before fighting the best middleweight in the world bar Silva, we saw the best Bisping, LOSE to the worst Chael Sonnen, then he knocks off the dude ranked I think 8/9th? Fully deserving.
    the very nature of mma means that just beating a guy ranked 2 doesnt warrant a shot in itself, not unless it'd been set up as such beforehand. weidman hasn't had the fights or the wins to warrant a shot yet, a very good win against munoz bumps him right up to contention but doesn't deserve him a shot straight away. its not like munoz was exactly sealed as the number 2, he's not even had a shot himself. there's plenty more experienced, big names who've been around the blocks and also had their times at the number 2 slot who weidman can beat before being worthy a shot imo.

funny that when mike was scheduled to fight boetche his detractors came out in force and said that it's proof that bisping isn't a top level guy and is basically a bitch for taking the fight rather than a top 2-3 ranked guy.....but then that fight falls through, weidman gets to fight him and apparently it's just another step/proof weidman is ready for a shot?
    not a tad hypocritical that mindset?

both bisping and weidman are 1 big win away from deserving a shot imo, i thought they'd fight each other. but whatever the ufc have in store of weidman, mike should definitely get his shot if he beats belfort.

also, its fucking rediculous how people scratch around to discredit bisping...he lost to "the worst" chael sonnen...do me a fucking favour. mike simply outfought sonnen, made him look shit, nullified him and 9 times out of 10 wins that fight.

bispings only losses in the ufc have come against the greatest names in the sport: Rashad, Silva. Hendo. sonnen.
    3 of which he could very easily have taken the decision on another day.

fucking pathetic to make out he doesn't fight top guys.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    the very nature of mma means that just beating a guy ranked 2 doesnt warrant a shot in itself, not unless it'd been set up as such beforehand. weidman hasn't had the fights or the wins to warrant a shot yet, a very good win against munoz bumps him right up to contention but doesn't deserve him a shot straight away. its not like munoz was exactly sealed as the number 2, he's not even had a shot himself. there's plenty more experienced, big names who've been around the blocks and also had their times at the number 2 slot who weidman can beat before being worthy a shot imo.
    I know that's not what it means, but at the time Weidman beat the guys he has they've been ranked 6th and 2nd in the world respectively, Bisping hasn't beaten anyone that high so why should that warrant a title fight thats what I said, and that he doesn't deserve one before Weidman.

funny that when mike was scheduled to fight boetche his detractors came out in force and said that it's proof that bisping isn't a top level guy and is basically a bitch for taking the fight rather than a top 2-3 ranked guy.....but then that fight falls through, weidman gets to fight him and apparently it's just another step/proof weidman is ready for a shot?
    not a tad hypocritical that mindset?
    I have never mentioned this fight once in the whole thread, reason being that I personally don't think it is the right fight, I think its a lose lose for Weidman, he wins, where does it take him? He loses how far does it knock him back.

both bisping and weidman are 1 big win away from deserving a shot imo, i thought they'd fight each other. but whatever the ufc have in store of weidman, mike should definitely get his shot if he beats belfort.
    Which brings the debate back up, if Weidman wins in December... Does he get the title shot because he fights before Bisping who fights in January, effectively you'd think yes.

also, its fucking rediculous how people scratch around to discredit bisping...he lost to "the worst" chael sonnen...do me a fucking favour. mike simply outfought sonnen, made him look shit, nullified him and 9 times out of 10 wins that fight.
    He lost the fight, Chael looked terrible in that fight, Mike looked great and he couldn't get the nod, many other people think the same as me, we saw the best Mike and it wasn't good enough but it is a matter of opinion.

bispings only losses in the ufc have come against the greatest names in the sport: Rashad, Silva. Hendo. sonnen.
    3 of which he could very easily have taken the decision on another day.

fucking pathetic to make out he doesn't fight top guys.
    Bispings only losses have come against Evans, Hendo, Wanderlei and Sonnen some of the best fighters in the world, now I haven't said he's not fought top guys, I just said he has NEVER EVER!!!!! beaten any of them.

I appreciate your views though dude and like I said just above it is a matter of opinion.

it certainly is mate. i think both weidman and mike are a big win away from deserving a title shot each. as i said i thought that fight would be against one another whilst anderson killed time fighting bonner up a weight. but the ufc obvs have different plans, if weidman does in in december, and win well, then fair play ihe warrants and shot and mike can wait to be next in line if he beats vitor.

bisping has proven hes a top guy, he's a step below the elite and i think his losses shot that, but he's not far off and now looking much improved, with solid wins on the bounce i think a win against belfort will be big enough to justify a shot, certainly as much as cote,maia, leites etc
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Obviously as per the rankings Weidman should be next in line BUT he is a reletive novice and has only actually beat one ranked guy (Munoz) and where as Bisping has been around much longer has also only beaten one current ranked guy but since when do the UFC go by the rankings? Sonnen moves to LHW and gets an immediate title shot!! UFC book fights that sell PPV's so the rankings mean nothing.

it certainly is mate. i think both weidman and mike are a big win away from deserving a title shot each. as i said i thought that fight would be against one another whilst anderson killed time fighting bonner up a weight. but the ufc obvs have different plans, if weidman does in in december, and win well, then fair play ihe warrants and shot and mike can wait to be next in line if he beats vitor.
    The problem with 'waiting' is if Anderson and Weidman gets put on a Brazil card in say May/June, they won't have Mike sitting around to face the winner which may not take place until September/October barring injuries and breaks if Silva retains and suddenly decides he doesn't want to fight again, or perhaps the Silva Jones/GSP fight gets made. That means Bisping will have to keep winning in the meantime and hang at the top of the division.

If he wins and hangs in there then fair enough, I personally don't see him beating Silva or Weidman but he'd definitely be deserving if he can do that.

And just to add it on GSP has to get passed Condit before we start talking super fights again