Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bisping vs Belfort Official For Jan. 19th UFC In Brazil Main Event - Winner?

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    Obviously as per the rankings Weidman should be next in line BUT he is a reletive novice and has only actually beat one ranked guy (Munoz) and where as Bisping has been around much longer has also only beaten one current ranked guy but since when do the UFC go by the rankings? Sonnen moves to LHW and gets an immediate title shot!! UFC book fights that sell PPV's so the rankings mean nothing.
    Irrelevant dude. Cain Valesquez was 9/10-0 when he fought/won the World Championship, Lesnar was rock all and rock all when he was gifted a title fight with Couture. Weidman also beat Maia when he was ranked in the top 10. Bisping has been around longer but hasn't beat anyone ranked at the time he's fought them so have very much remained the gate keeper so to speak.

And just to add it on GSP has to get passed Condit before we start talking super fights again
    I think GSP handles him and takes an easy 5 round decision or puts him away in a later round.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Irrelevant dude. Cain Valesquez was 9/10-0 when he fought/won the World Championship, Lesnar was rock all and rock all when he was gifted a title fight with Couture. Weidman also beat Maia when he was ranked in the top 10. Bisping has been around longer but hasn't beat anyone ranked at the time he's fought them so have very much remained the gate keeper so to speak.
    Stann is a ranked fighter
    Like I said UFC make fights on potential ppv sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I think GSP handles him and takes an easy 5 round decision or puts him away in a later round.
    Condit will give him a good run if it stays stood but im sure GSP will take this one to ground

Stann is a ranked fighter
    Like I said UFC make fights on potential ppv sales
    Apologise, Stann was ranked at #10 as per Sherdog in August 2012. However as debated by Jonny in this thread those rankings could effectively be worth shit lol... So that's open to argument isn't it that he is ranked? lol....

I'm not sure Condit will be able to stop GSP taking him down and GSP fights clever, he won't stand with someone who wants him to, like when Koscheck and Shields expected wrestling matches, he stood and smashed.

I think Silva needs to forget about fighting GSP. I can't see it happening, GSP doesn't seem to want the fight even at catch weight. And in all fairness I don't think he should feel any pressure to do so as they are technically different weights (thuogh not by very much). Silva has aparently agreed to fight Jones but for a 50% stake in the UFC! Gotta love that cheeky c*nt!
    The best scenario is for Weidman against Bisping, then Chris gets a set path to a shot rather than being in limbo, and Mike gets a better stylistic matchup than Belfort.

I personally fancy an upset in the Condit fight. I think that the lay off could hurt GSP and condit is one of the best finishers in the business

Is this a five rounder?

I can see the first sub of bis career

dapans on wether vitor works with me for this ruck i only got to work with him for cuple weeks for his ruck with jon jones but got abit angrey an knocked him out cuple times thats why he wernt his best for the ruck
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Johny-Boy/215858055149963?ref=ts wbc world champ 19-0

Quote Originally Posted by cobramma View Post
    I can see the first sub of bis career
    Whos first sub win?... Both have won via Sub.