Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: Bisping vs Belfort Official For Jan. 19th UFC In Brazil Main Event - Winner?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    He's beaten the top mw after silva? You must be pissed, stoned or just fckin mad if you mean either munoz or Maia. Didn't wiedman turn down a fight with vitor as well. Seems like he is picking and choosing who he wants to fight, the path of least resistance!

    I think they are both deserving of a shot. In an ideal world they fight each other when wiedman beats boetsch to see who fights for the title. Wiedman is an easier fight for bisping than vitor is!
    Oh wait...

    Didn't the ranked read...

    1. Anderson Silva
    2. Mark Munoz

    ....shit, it sure did, that must have meant that Mark Munoz was the SECOND best fighter at middleweight at the time, hot damn.

    Yes he beat Maia who I think was 6/7th at the time then knocked off numero 2. That's fully deserving of a title shot..

    On the other side of the argument you have Michael Bisping, the man claiming he deserves a shot, a man who manhandled Jorge Rivera, a man not even ranked in the top 20 fighters in the world, moving on to Jason Miller a man not ranked in the top 15 fighters in the world, a man who had lost to EVERY top fighter he's ever faced before fighting the best middleweight in the world bar Silva, we saw the best Bisping, LOSE to the worst Chael Sonnen, then he knocks off the dude ranked I think 8/9th? Fully deserving.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    for me Belfort has too much power in his hands for Bisping, bisping wont want to box with vitor, vitors jits is also shit hot and Mike wont want to grapple with him either, i think Bispings only chance at winning is to try and outpoint Belfort. I just cant see him being able to do it for the full 15 or 25 minutes.
    Thats pretty much how I see it. Hope I'm wrong!

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Oh wait...

    Didn't the ranked read...

    1. Anderson Silva
    2. Mark Munoz

    ....shit, it sure did, that must have meant that Mark Munoz was the SECOND best fighter at middleweight at the time, hot damn.

    Yes he beat Maia who I think was 6/7th at the time then knocked off numero 2. That's fully deserving of a title shot..

    On the other side of the argument you have Michael Bisping, the man claiming he deserves a shot, a man who manhandled Jorge Rivera, a man not even ranked in the top 20 fighters in the world, moving on to Jason Miller a man not ranked in the top 15 fighters in the world, a man who had lost to EVERY top fighter he's ever faced before fighting the best middleweight in the world bar Silva, we saw the best Bisping, LOSE to the worst Chael Sonnen, then he knocks off the dude ranked I think 8/9th? Fully deserving.
    Lol if you are trying to justify that Mark Munoz has ever been the 2nd best MW because it says so in the rankings, then you're just embarresing yourself pal! No one with half a brain will give that any serious thought. Bisping is ranked above Weidman on the MMA fighter ranking, aparently he is the 4th best MW in the world at the moment then??

    Munoz lost to Okami and won a razor tight decision against Maia which I thought should have been a draw. Maia nearly knocked him out on the feet which is laughable as he has no power and some of the sloppiest kick boxing in the MW division at the time. Yet because a particular website stated at some point that he was no. 2 that makes it fact. Fucking priceless!

    I remember many were complaining that Bisping was being matched up with Maia as they saw it as a favourable fight against top 10 opposition for Mike to move him towards title contention. Yet Munoz beats him (barely) and he is suddenly the best fighter in the division other than Silva!

    Did Bisping use to bully you as a kid?

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Lol if you are trying to justify that Mark Munoz has ever been the 2nd best MW because it says so in the rankings, then you're just embarresing yourself pal! No one with half a brain will give that any serious thought. Bisping is ranked above Weidman on the MMA fighter ranking, aparently he is the 4th best MW in the world at the moment then??

    Munoz lost to Okami and won a razor tight decision against Maia which I thought should have been a draw. Maia nearly knocked him out on the feet which is laughable as he has no power and some of the sloppiest kick boxing in the MW division at the time. Yet because a particular website stated at some point that he was no. 2 that makes it fact. Fucking priceless!

    I remember many were complaining that Bisping was being matched up with Maia as they saw it as a favourable fight against top 10 opposition for Mike to move him towards title contention. Yet Munoz beats him (barely) and he is suddenly the best fighter in the division other than Silva!

    Did Bisping use to bully you as a kid?
    If the World Rankings state that Mark Munoz is 2nd in the World, what does that say, that he isn't the 2nd best Middleweight on the planet? He isn't ranked 2nd now following that loss, jesus christ mate get with it.

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-46577 - Weidman 3, Bisping 4
    http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/middleweight/ - Weidman 3, Bisping 8.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/30...s-middleweight - Weidman 2, Bisping 6.

    Shall I go on? The only think embarrassing if your argument. Bottom line is Munoz was ranked as number 2 in the world at the time of the fight, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I'm right.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    If the World Rankings state that Mark Munoz is 2nd in the World, what does that say, that he isn't the 2nd best Middleweight on the planet? He isn't ranked 2nd now following that loss, jesus christ mate get with it.

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-46577 - Weidman 3, Bisping 4
    http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/middleweight/ - Weidman 3, Bisping 8.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/30...s-middleweight - Weidman 2, Bisping 6.

    Shall I go on? The only think embarrassing if your argument. Bottom line is Munoz was ranked as number 2 in the world at the time of the fight, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I'm right.
    This is what you said:
    'Weidman deserves a shot well before Bisping because he's beaten the top fighter in the world at middleweight after Silva' (by which you mean Munoz???)

    That says nothing about rankings. And as your post shows there are numerous rankings, they are only the opinion of that particular magazine/website. You shouldn't take it so literally, most don't!

    As I've already stated imo Weidman and Bisping should fight for the contender position. If Bisping had to beat Maia, Munoz and Boetsch to get a title shot, people like you would be bitching that he has had easy fights, the UFC are protecting him, he's the UK cash cow etc. Wiedman turned down Belfort but Mike is fighting him, and Vitor probably is the most dangerous guy in the division other than Silva. Based on that if Bisping does beat Vitor then he does deserve the next shot, no fuckin doubt!

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    This is what you said:
    'Weidman deserves a shot well before Bisping because he's beaten the top fighter in the world at middleweight after Silva' (by which you mean Munoz???)

    That says nothing about rankings. And as your post shows there are numerous rankings, they are only the opinion of that particular magazine/website. You shouldn't take it so literally, most don't!

    As I've already stated imo Weidman and Bisping should fight for the contender position. If Bisping had to beat Maia, Munoz and Boetsch to get a title shot, people like you would be bitching that he has had easy fights, the UFC are protecting him, he's the UK cash cow etc. Wiedman turned down Belfort but Mike is fighting him, and Vitor probably is the most dangerous guy in the division other than Silva. Based on that if Bisping does beat Vitor then he does deserve the next shot, no fuckin doubt!
    I know what I said, and that would be correct, if he is ranked 2nd in the world then he is the second best fighter in the world at that time.... I don't get why you don't understand that, I didn't necessarily have to state the rankings in that comment as most already knew were Munoz was ranked, evidentally you didn't. Most people use the Sherdog/Fight Matrix rankings hence why I included them, some use bloodyelbow, I included them because I was showing the majority state he is ranked higher, I didn't say they were literal, as the numbers aren't all the same. I hope Weidman does fight Bisping, he'd get taken down and brutalised like Munoz who has better wrestling than Bisping, fact.

  7. #27

    Default

    What about MMA Weekly? Oh, that shows Bisping rated two positions above Weidman. Tapology? Bisping one above Weidman.

    It's easy to use statistics to back up an argument to make your point. It's even easier if the statistics are based on an average opinion rather than any real facts.

    As I'd hope everyone reading this knows, rankings are total bollocks.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Well said!

  9. #29

    Default

    The rankings were never the argument so I appreciate everything you just said. The argument was that Weidman deserves a shot at Silva before Bisping.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    483

    Default

    No it wasn't, I've not said on here that either Bisping or weidman are more deserving at this moment, they should duke it out. You trying to justify the tough route that Weidman has had to take (cough, cough!) in getting to a title shot including fighting the 2nd best MW in the world - Mark Munoz!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.