Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bisping vs Belfort Official For Jan. 19th UFC In Brazil Main Event - Winner?

Belfort wears fast if Bisping can get out of the 1st round then its his fight to lose. No one thought that Bisping would go 3 rounds with Sonnen let alone give him a proper fight!
    If belfort doesnt get a 1st round victory then Bisping by decision.

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

I reckon Bisping can take that fight, Bisping is a better all rounder IMO and he will be more active and add more pressure than Belfort. Belfort will always have that KO power early on but I reckon that Bisping will weather any storm and start to wear Belfort down. Can't see it being a real exciting fight as Bisping will just want the win any way possible so a Decision victory for Bisping is the most likely scenario I would say
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

This is the same Belfort who went 4 rounds with a natural HW and one of the best P4P fighters in the world tho, i dont think his gas tank will be suspect in this fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    No it wasn't, I've not said on here that either Bisping or weidman are more deserving at this moment, they should duke it out. You trying to justify the tough route that Weidman has had to take (cough, cough!) in getting to a title shot including fighting the 2nd best MW in the world - Mark Munoz!
    Yes my argument was that Weidman deserved a shot before Bisping, read back. It did include a win over the #2 ranked Middleweight on planet earth at the time Mark Munoz. Whether you like it or not, that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    This is the same Belfort who went 4 rounds with a natural HW and one of the best P4P fighters in the world tho, i dont think his gas tank will be suspect in this fight
    Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly. View Post
    ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.
    bisping (10 characters)

bisping (10 characters)

I'd also love to see Bisping vs Weidman before either get a crack at Anderson

I predict that is what we'll see while Anderson practices his takedown defense and jedi skills against GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Yes my argument was that Weidman deserved a shot before Bisping, read back. It did include a win over the #2 ranked Middleweight on planet earth at the time Mark Munoz. Whether you like it or not, that is a fact.
    Can you find the rankings from before the Weidman fight that had Munoz above Chael? These were all I could find, the highest having Munoz at no.3:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-43839 (3)
    http://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/25/30...y-for-may-2012 (3)
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/mma-top-10-...takes-top-spot (5)

Not arguing your point about Weidman's achievements at all, but I don't see how anyone could rank Munoz above Sonnen, even after Sonnen's 2nd loss to Anderson.

Anderson defeated Chael Sonnen on July 7th, Sonnen announced that he was going to move to LHW, theoretically I get what you're saying that he hadn't been removed from the rankings and to date he still hasn't which is odd considering he'll be fighting Jones for the LHW title, but Weidman then fought Mark Munoz on July 11th and I took Chael out of the equation meaning that Munoz was effectively ranked 2nd in the world, if Silva had to defend the title again straight away it would have gone to Mark Munoz and not a 3rd fight with Chael Sonnen.

Is that a little clearer?

Here Chael is still ranked 2nd even though he isn't a middleweight.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/middleweight/
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 06-11-2012 at 04:35 PM.