Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAFEMMA UKMMAF =No more Bean

Default SAFEMMA UKMMAF =No more Bean

The birth of SAFEMMA and the UKMMAF next year has firmly established a solid foundation on which UKMMA can grow to achieve not only the acceptance and recognition it deserves in the UK but also enable its promotions and athletes to fulfil their potential of becoming a global force to be reckoned with.

I feel there will now be a clear distinction between the safe noble sport of Mixed Martial Arts and dangerous bullshit Cage Fighting derivatives in the UK.

It is with this sentiment that I have decided to hang up my keyboard and leave fighting the bullshit in the hands of these people :

Safe-MMA-Press-Conference-Nov-2012_0100.jpg

And the rest of the honourable promotions and athletes in our sport.

This picture is symbolic of something that many thought would be impossible to achieve.

It has been and now when I think of a UKMMA industry that is safe and regulated with full time well paid athletes competing at a word class level in front of home crowds on a regular basis and attracting others from around the world at the top of their game as we do in football I look at this picture and think if all the top UK Promotions and athletes and gyms are working together absolutely anything is possible.

Ill leave you with one last movement to accompany #fightthebullshit

#buyukmma

Support your UK shows and fighters, dont wear Anderson Silva walkout Tees when you can wear Rob Sinclair , dont wait for Youtube videos buy a ticket and go to an event, Dont buy TapOut buy Cage Steel, dont buy Twins gloves buy Londsdale (not exactly that but you get the picture).

Support the people that invest in our sport, the sponsors the TV companies the magazines.

Lastly , keep fighting the bullshit and be nice to strangers you meet at shows because one of them might be a retired Keyboard warrior who supports you whole heartedly and has a keyboard that is retired not broken

but we will miss you

Quite an emotional moment, this.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

This is bullshit and I will fight it

Maybe Sledge could take up the reign's? (how would that work though??!)
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    This is bullshit and I will fight it
    My thoughts too. While SafeMMA and UKMMAF are undoubtedly going to do good, if not great things for the sport in the UK there will ALWAYS be bullshit
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Purely for my own selfish entertainment reasons, the bean needs to stay.

I think the Bean should stay

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Great news ! I haven't caught up properly on this but sounds like what we needed. Grats guys !!!

Whatever happened to the UKMMAF?