Thread: CWFC 49: Paul Redmond v Lewis Long

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default CWFC 49: Paul Redmond v Lewis Long

Big win for Paul Redmond, one of several upsets at Cage Warriors 49.

to think long was calling out sinclare and warburton. way out of his depth

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    to think long was calling out sinclare and warburton. way out of his depth
    I thought this, but never wanted to be the one to say it, Redmond looked like a steam train. I personally don't see it as much of an upset.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I thought this, but never wanted to be the one to say it, Redmond looked like a steam train. I personally don't see it as much of an upset.
    Easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight. Going into the fight Long was top 20 in the UK and had KO'd Diego Vital after 30 seconds in his previous fight, whereas Redmond was 4-3 and hadn't fought anyone outside of Ireland. Long was a worthy favourite based on the facts available beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight. Going into the fight Long was top 20 in the UK and had KO'd Diego Vital after 30 seconds in his previous fight, whereas Redmond was 4-3 and hadn't fought anyone outside of Ireland. Long was a worthy favourite based on the facts available beforehand.
    I based it on the fact he beat Phil quite convincingly and has a win over Lobov granted it was as an Amateur. Lewis has one solid win also...

once he got into his rhythm it was all redmond, long had a decent 2 minutes then he didnt relly look like winning once he started to close the gap and use the takedowns repeatedly

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

I would like to see Leon Del Gaudio v Paul Redmond, that would be a good fight
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management