Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Reid vs Sam Boo @Bamma 11

Default Alex Reid vs Sam Boo @Bamma 11

Whats the point??!!

I prefer to see this fight rather than watching him fighting Tony Giles. At least it's MMA.

To be fair I know Sam has a 5-7 Record according to Sherdog (some could be missing you never know) but on paper Reid is 9-9, it's not the worst matched fight we could have seen him in. Of course Reidy has to win. I can see BAMMA turning him into a Middleweight Champion *coughs*

EDIT - How come Reid has 3 'Professional' Kickboxing fights listed on Wikipedia, which Thai org sanctioned those bouts does anyone know?
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 09-11-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I prefer to see this fight rather than watching him fighting Tony Giles. At least it's MMA.

To be fair I know Sam has a 5-7 Record according to Sherdog (some could be missing you never know) but on paper Reid is 9-9, it's not the worst matched fight we could have seen him in. Of course Reidy has to win. I can see BAMMA turning him into a Middleweight Champion *coughs*

EDIT - How come Reid has 3 'Professional' Kickboxing fights listed on Wikipedia, which Thai org sanctioned those bouts does anyone know?
    Which MMA governing body sanctioned all his MMA bouts?

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Which MMA governing body sanctioned all his MMA bouts?
    I can understand how you'd think I was being literal upon reading that back myself, however that comment was never a serious question, therefore I am sorry that rhetorical question did not appear rhetorical enough.

Another case would be the Michael Page being listed as 4-0 however one fight was a 'UK1' fight.

Its a wank fight and I can not understand the reasoning other than trying to attract the generic "Cage Fighting" fan with Alex Reids name.
    Bull shit fight imo and its letting down an other wise good card at Bamma 11!!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...black-eye.html

Alex been sparring hard. bet Sam is training hard too, massive opportunity!
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Massive opportunity for what? Hasnt won a fight since 2005 (dont count a fixed fight against barrett as a win) so what is a win at Bamma going to do for him?

Alex is the biggest name in uk mma - the man who normalised 'cage-fighting' in the mainstream press. if Sam beats him, it will raise his profile a great deal and come fight night, at the very least, someone will pay him a fair few quid to get their company's name written on his shorts. I'm sure loads of fighters want the exposure of fighting Alex, Sam is getting all that. he must be chuffed, even if purists aren't chuffed for him.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Alex Reid is the biggest name in mainstream ukmma.
    Bamma have only done this fight to build the event but highly doubt they will sell many extra tickets through it.

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    Alex Reid is the biggest name in mainstream ukmma.
    fair point. I agree they won't sell too many more tickets, but their viewing figures (which seem central to their model) will be pretty good i reckon.