Thread: Part 2 of Graham Boylan's interview on Herald Scotland, live now

Default Part 2 of Graham Boylan's interview on Herald Scotland, live now

Graham Boylan talks SAFE MMA, live now on Herald Scotland. Please share, comment, tweet etc.

http://bitly.com/ZgToMq
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

Grahams a good guy, straight talking an knows is shit
    Kris Edwards,www.groundandpound.de/mma/rankings/european-top-ten/bantamgewicht-135lb-61kg/

Do foreign fighters have to sign up to SAFE MMA?... If you have a ranked UK fighter and you're bringing in a ranked fighter from another country surely they would have to be checked by the same people? I suppose in this instance a jab at the GUM clinic and a disclaimer would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Do foreign fighters have to sign up to SAFE MMA?... If you have a ranked UK fighter and you're bringing in a ranked fighter from another country surely they would have to be checked by the same people? I suppose in this instance a jab at the GUM clinic and a disclaimer would suffice.
    Really good question. I'm guessing it only applies to UK-based fighters and that SAFE MMA registered guys could ask that their opponents present paperwork proving they've had similar tests in their own country before a fight. But the SAFE MMA guys will no doubt have a better answer, guys?
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Foreign fighters who are fighting in the UK will need to provide their passports and flight receipts/tickets as proof of not being eligible for SAFE MMA membership. They will also need to provide valid blood tests. On the spot blood tests can be carried out at CHHP, 76 Harley Street at the promotion's expense.

I assume the test will need to cover for HIV and Hepatitis? Not sure how recent they need to be though?
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management