Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CSMMA 3 Live results

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    Can't believe that Plested vs Welsh was for a belt. Can't believe it was allowed to happen in the first place to be honest.

Based on what?

The first 40 seconds consisted of me throwing 2 elbows both of which cut Tolly. Then I got caught in a submission by someone who has a great submission game?

These things happen, even on shows like the UFC. Doesn't seem that unbelievable to me
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Based on what?

The first 40 seconds consisted of me throwing 2 elbows both of which cut Tolly. Then I got caught in a submission by someone who has a great submission game?

These things happen, even on shows like the UFC. Doesn't seem that unbelievable to me
    With all due respect Dan, the UFC have never matched a 5-25 bantamweight (going off your Sherdog record there) with a 6-0 welterweight for a title.

I'm not having a go at you Dan, you stepped up on a few days notice and took a fight with a legit middleweight moving down to welter. My issue is with the match making. And not just your fight. Let's say (god forbid) that you were seriously hurt in that fight - how does that look for the sport with such a discrepancy in size and records?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Unreal that Parker was in with a Welter and Dan Welsh, his sig says it all 66kgs fighter in with a 77kgs fighter. SafeMMA is all good and well but what can stop there kind of shenanagans?
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

The vast majority of the main card was put together on short notice after a series of pullouts. Ivan, Danny etc were all willing to step up when most fighters who you consider credible would not. FaiR play to them and all who competed

I didn't know Ivan stepped up on short notice I thought it was announced they'd fight some weeks ago.

With all due respect Dan, the UFC have never matched a 5-25 bantamweight (going off your Sherdog record there) with a 6-0 welterweight for a title.

I'm not having a go at you Dan, you stepped up on a few days notice and took a fight with a legit middleweight moving down to welter. My issue is with the match making. And not just your fight. Let's say (god forbid) that you were seriously hurt in that fight - how does that look for the sport with such a discrepancy in size and records?
    This is the same guy that stepped up to fight a middleweight John Phillips a few years ago!!! The guy is a warrior, would be interesting to see how he'd do if he was matched up fairly and built himself up.

I know you wasnt having a go pal, I just wanted to say my piece.

Although my record isnt good......at 9-24 actually pretty poor it doesnt really reflect the fighter I am.

Anyone can get "seriously hurt" in a fight regardless of records. I have been in with far bigger and better opponents then Tolley (no disrespect to him) the chances of me being hurt were very slim ( and I wasn't the one who left the cage covered in blood!)

I have fought just about every prospect in the UK at most weights and been fine.

Tolley may have an unbeaten record but look at the calibre of fighters.

Yes he is a good fighter yes but to make out this was a dangerous match is pretty far fetched based on our records and a couple of kilos in weight!

But thanks for caring for my safety

Quote Originally Posted by Ian23 View Post
    This is the same guy that stepped up to fight a middleweight John Phillips a few years ago!!! The guy is a warrior, would be interesting to see how he'd do if he was matched up fairly and built himself up.
    Yep same guy, he wasn't middleweight though. He got out the sauna at around 92kg lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    The vast majority of the main card was put together on short notice after a series of pullouts. Ivan, Danny etc were all willing to step up when most fighters who you consider credible would not. FaiR play to them and all who competed
    I didn't see any posts saying "Welterweight needed for 7.0.0. Title fight ect"
    Who was offered these fights?
    How many top 30 guys in the YourMMA rankings got an email about that fight?
    I bet very few if any.
    Easier to grab a bantamweight and get a win for Tolly.
    Jay Dodds has has a lot of fights in against a first timer with no MMA experience who was KO'd in 29 seconds.
    Also the guy who was ko'd in 6 seconds was the same, no mma but thrown to the wolves.
    Pull outs are 1 thing but seriously no one can say that is good.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

I think ANY event putting on fights like that should be made aware its not something that's acceptable.
    When SnA sticks a card like that together ill expect to get flamed.
    Luckily that will never happen
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com