Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: former posters that you hope will return here

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Happy Bellend Day everyone
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Happy Bellend Day everyone
    I think a formal, handwritten apology is in order Jimmy...

Haha quality, good to see you post! War!

I will deliver a sincere, full apology before christmas*

*subject to availability
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by matthew Freeman View Post
    I think a formal, handwritten apology is in order Jimmy...
    Haha, happy Xmas fella
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

it was nice to see my name on the list, even if it was close to the bottom, like a sort of afterthought.

I can understand why i might not instantly spring to mind, it's not like i whore'd myself out in every thread going with small inane 10 character posts, in a vainglorious attempt to force-ably vomit my opinion or emotion of the moment onto whatever the topic of conversation was that day, in a shallow ego boosting effort to garner the largest post count going in the shortest amount of time possible.

My strategy of carefully constructing thought provoking responses to even the most trivial daily minutiae, my talent for regaling my fellow forumites of my oft humorous adventures, or the well worded, articulate and level headed advice that any troubled cagewarrior could rely upon from a quality blackdogmma post was never really going to net me any popularity, or dare i suggest, any friends.

Still it's nice to know that my time here at least touched someone in some way, not in the way in which afterwards you need to show an adult where you were touched by pointing to the area on a teddy bear, but touched in a good way, on the inside, in a way that made them think " i wonder where blackdog is?" and "i hope he's not dead"

I will take some small sense of achievement from being included in this list of those missed, if only because it is far better to be somewhere near the bottom of a list of posters who are missed than to be somewhere near the top of the inevitable follow up thread "a list of poster you wish would fuck off and post elsewhere!"
    Last edited by blackdogmma; 23-12-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Ah welcome back to old school story teller and 27th most missed poster.

On reflection, I don't think it's individual posters I miss so much as a general atmosphere/tone of the board. I guess I'm really talking about the first two to three years of the board where there was banter carried over from meeting at shows and where those of us who didn't go along to shows kind of knew others in a virtual sense as a combination of talking to our training partners who had met other posters at shows and from on-line only conversations. Oh... and at this time of year: those posts where people would show off about how serious there were about MMA by going for a post Christmas dinner training session at the gym. I could never work out how you could train on a full stomach myself.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Ah welcome back to old school story teller and 27th most missed poster.
    "27th most missed poster", that fucker is going on my tombstone!

mild internet recognition, it's like being an Olympian or a Nobel Laureate!