Thread: Fight UK 8 Card and Chris Miah interview

Default Fight UK 8 Card and Chris Miah interview

Chris Miah (3-0) fights Mark Handley for the Fight UK flyweight title, and spoke to Your MMA about it here:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...rk-handley.htm

YourMMA.tv: You were originally set to take on Josh Foster but he's been replaced by Mark Handley. Have you had to make gameplan changes because of the change in opponent?

CM: Not really, I see myself as quite well rounded now for whoever I end up in there with. The main difference with this opponent change is Mark's experience.

YourMMA.tv: As you say, Handley is more experienced in the pro ranks and ranked in the top 20 of the UK MMA Rankings. Do you see this as a chance for more people to take note?

CM: Yeah, hopefully it will give me a chance to get more publicity as I'm fighting a consistent top 20 guy. As of now I've only fought on local promotions and, although quite well known in Birmingham, I've not had really any exposure much further afield.
    The full Fight UK 8 Fight Card:

Professional Bouts

Middleweight Title Bout

Matt Hallam vs Yannick Bahati

Heavyweight Title Bout

Michal Andryzak vs James Hurrell

Flyweight Title Fight

Mark Handley vs Chris Miah

Asim Hul-Haq vs Dean Trueman

Marcin Wzrosek vs Nad Narimani

Wayne Farrington vs Scott Kent

Amateur Bouts

Amateur Bantamweight Title Bout

Joe Rice vs Toby Meech

Ranjeet Baria vs Bartek Marek

Igor Gunna vs Patryk Chmielewski

Craig Powell vs Jack Young

Eliot Elliott vs Kev Flanningan

Shayne Flaherty vs Jan Mojik

Mya Dore vs Maciek Slonina

Dan Beckett vs Ahmed Aswad

Got a lot of time for my friend chris. Respectful, helpful , work ethic. Watch this space. I expect big things from him in the future deserves to be noticed and sorry handley but miah will do the business tomorrow

Really good show, good luck Zero % Toby Meech and Nad, 2 great guys to train with.