1 5.26%
  • GSP by decision

9 47.37%
  • bah, don't care / boobs

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GSP / Condit poll

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    he kept on kicking Diaz and landing bodyshots the whole way through. I saw all the debate about how close that fight was, then when i got round to watching it, I was surprised by how badly Condit smashed him up.

yeah, he used his footwork, and totally frustrated the crap out of Diaz with it, great fight.
    Couldn't agree more. Still astounded that people saw the fight the other way. Standing toe to toe with Diaz would've only resulted in him getting beat, he fought the perfect fight IMO

GSP by decision.

I see him being very cautious in the first round, testing out the knee, but then the next 4 rounds will be the usual GSP fare to get the unam decision victory. Maybe 50-45, 49-46, 49-46.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Condit schooled Diaz in fight game planning, people who think he didnt win should watch it again and explain how if someone isn't engaging, why they insist on throwing kicks, spinning backfists and generally beat up the opponent, this is partly why I think Condit will do it - he has finally shown how cerebral he can be and refused to get drawn into a war with Diaz, with GSP he will have a gameplan to deal with the takedowns, I think he knows he will get taken down, but he will nullify GSP once on the ground, get back up and smash him sooner or later, 26 stoppages 50/50 on subs and ko's - he is very well balanced and isn't gun shy like GSP can be, GSP has a chance if he lays n prays but thats his only way to win, I don't see him tooling Condit standing - he can try and pick him apart but sooner or later Condit will come hard and GSP will shit.

The layoff has to be a factor as well for GSP, that and knowing Condit is his toughest opponent yet - GSP will go gunshy and it will cost him dearly. I hope. Nothing against GSP - dude is pound for pound a top dog but I have always been a massive Condit fan, dude brings it every time - yet people only remember his fight against Diaz? Diaz was the messiah and GSP's kryptonite before Condit showed Diaz what a solid gameplan looked like.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnd neewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

GSP (I hope) by decision.

Through five grueling rounds, St-Pierre seemed to return to form. He pressured a capable Condit on the feet and used superior wrestling with top control to take a unanimous decision. But even when he won a round, he never ran away with it. And in the third round, it all nearly came unraveled as GSP's hands were down while Condit finished an extended striking combination that culminated with Condit's shin against St-Pierre's skull. Condit tried mightily to finish him, but it wasn't to be. GSP was and is simply too good and won all the championship rounds on all the judges scorecards.

Pretty much sums it up, GSP very rarely makes mistakes and when he does you have to take them, Condit wasn't able. GSP GWOAT.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 18-11-2012 at 08:44 AM.