Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: GSP vs Anderson Silva - The Superfight.

  1. #11

    Default

    Why is Jones and Silva the only one who makes sense?

    Theoretically they're the exact same fight just at different weights... If silva fought GSP then he'd get wrestle fucked, if silva fought Jones he'd get wrestle fucked.

    If GSP stands he'll get done, if Jones stands personally I think he'll get done a la Machida picking him apart in the first round of their fight.

    It's the same fight regardless of who's in it. I'd rather see Silva vs GSP.

    EDIT - Also which is the only one being talked about? Silva vs Jones isn't.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 18-11-2012 at 07:12 PM.

  2. #12

    Default

    Did jones n silva not say they wouldnt fight anyway?
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Would also rather see silva vs jones and think its the more likely. I think it's unfair to expect Gsp to move up a weight but a catch weight should be the way forward if it were to happen

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Why is Jones and Silva the only one who makes sense?

    Theoretically they're the exact same fight just at different weights... If silva fought GSP then he'd get wrestle fucked, if silva fought Jones he'd get wrestle fucked.

    If GSP stands he'll get done, if Jones stands personally I think he'll get done a la Machida picking him apart in the first round of their fight.

    It's the same fight regardless of who's in it. I'd rather see Silva vs GSP.

    EDIT - Also which is the only one being talked about? Silva vs Jones isn't.
    How are they the same fight? Jones is absolutely huge compared to GSP.

    Jones and Silva are reluctant to fight each other because they both know it would be their toughest match-up. Anderson has only got a few fights left. I'd love to see him move up and take on Jones, not a guy that fights 15lbs lighter than him. The UFC is probably less keen because it would complicate the title picture if Silva won. I feel that Silva-GSP would be a pretty pointless match-up. Silva is lauded as the best ever. What would it prove if he beat the much smaller man? Jones is a much bigger threat and therefore a much more interesting prospect.

  5. #15

    Default

    If it were to happen then of course I'd watch it, just like if Silva v Jones were to happen. But I think GSP and Jones have legitimate contenders in their divisions who deserve a shot at them and that's what I'd prefer TBH.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    How are they the same fight? Jones is absolutely huge compared to GSP.

    Jones and Silva are reluctant to fight each other because they both know it would be their toughest match-up. Anderson has only got a few fights left. I'd love to see him move up and take on Jones, not a guy that fights 15lbs lighter than him. The UFC is probably less keen because it would complicate the title picture if Silva won. I feel that Silva-GSP would be a pretty pointless match-up. Silva is lauded as the best ever. What would it prove if he beat the much smaller man? Jones is a much bigger threat and therefore a much more interesting prospect.
    Jones and Silva are reluctant because its be their toughest match up? GSP would be just as hard when he's taking Silva down at will and stopping him doing everything. But when you said you'd like to see him step up and fight someone heavier and not 15lbs lighter you could just argue that why would Jones want to fight someone 20lbs lighter? How would Silva beating GSP at 177/178 complicate things... Silva fighting Jones would do the same either way you look at it, Silva loses and then that's it he's middleweight with nobody to fight. Why would it be a pointless match? I remember them saying that about Sonnen the first time round. Again you can argue what would Jones prove by beating a middleweight that is 20lbs lighter?.... It's swings and roundabouts.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hysteresis View Post
    If it were to happen then of course I'd watch it, just like if Silva v Jones were to happen. But I think GSP and Jones have legitimate contenders in their divisions who deserve a shot at them and that's what I'd prefer TBH.
    A point well made.

  8. #18

    Default

    I'd rather see GSP vs Hendricks tbh. I have no desire for cross division 'super fights' unless one guy naturally moves up (like the eventual Jones to HW).

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Jones and Silva are reluctant because its be their toughest match up? GSP would be just as hard when he's taking Silva down at will and stopping him doing everything. But when you said you'd like to see him step up and fight someone heavier and not 15lbs lighter you could just argue that why would Jones want to fight someone 20lbs lighter? How would Silva beating GSP at 177/178 complicate things... Silva fighting Jones would do the same either way you look at it, Silva loses and then that's it he's middleweight with nobody to fight. Why would it be a pointless match? I remember them saying that about Sonnen the first time round. Again you can argue what would Jones prove by beating a middleweight that is 20lbs lighter?.... It's swings and roundabouts.
    I was referring to Silva beating Jones as complicating things, not beating GSP (read what I wrote). Jones would prove a lot beating Anderson- this guy is supposedly the GOAT. Silva has fought several times at LHW, including beating the former champion. That match-up makes more sense than taking on the champion of the class below. To be honest, I'm not much of a fan of "super-fights", but the middleweight division doesn't offer any serious threats to Silva and it looks like Jones will clear out the LHW division too. I don't like either of them, so at least one would lose and I think it's a more intriguing fight than Anderson vs. GSP.

  10. #20
    Kris Edwards,www.groundandpound.de/mma/rankings/european-top-ten/bantamgewicht-135lb-61kg/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.