Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GSP vs Anderson Silva - The Superfight.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    yeah 4 losses two draws and a complete gift against Marquez

if you think Mannys better than Floyd you are a part of a dying breed

and yeah I know he was at 110 or whatever but that to me is I dont know a bit to fishy?
    The bradley fight was a joke and shouldn't have lost a la commission destroying that decision, 8 titles at 8 weight classes, ranked 1 in the world above Mayweather and the fighter of the decade. Statistically the best ever!!... It's not about how many you don't lose it's about what you achieve. Thats another argument, lets keep it MMA.

Silva weighed 203 vs. Bonnar, GSP walks around over 200. I reckon they wouldn't be far off in weight if they did it at middle.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Silva weighed 203 vs. Bonnar, GSP walks around over 200. I reckon they wouldn't be far off in weight if they did it at middle.
    This is what I said... It's not a huge amount and as said also... I think Silva was 29 when he last weighed 168 for a fight, I may be wrong... GSP said he'd like him to cut to WW and challenge but even at something like 175-178 I don't think the difference would be huge, Anderson obviously trains to be bigger when he's fighting at 205.

I still think the whole weight thing is looked into far too much for "fair" or "unfair".

Heavyweights are at the biggest disadvantage. When you look at a fit 265lb man vs a fit 225lb man who may also be 4 inches shorter then these are real "unfair" fights but the figures are nominal between Silva & GSP on the grand scheme of things. Does it really make that much difference? If you are the best - just get on with it.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

I am not overly confident that this fight will happen.

And I think Cowboys Stadium would be a mistake. Sure they might get 50,000, but that will only make the place look half full. Find a venue that sits 45,000 and pack the place would be better.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    I am not overly confident that this fight will happen.

And I think Cowboys Stadium would be a mistake. Sure they might get 50,000, but that will only make the place look half full. Find a venue that sits 45,000 and pack the place would be better.
    60,000+ in Canada for a GSP fight... I think if they targeted something around that size they'd still be alright, they make up 1/2 of the biggest draws in the UFC imo.

Olympic Stadium in Montreal could do about 65,000 capacity for a UFC show. I think they would be able to fill it.

And if they do that, they would have to wait until spring. Because the roof is in such shitty condition, if it snows the safety of the roof can not be guaranteeded so they hold basically no events what so ever in the venue in the winter time.

And in another interesting tidbit, the city of Montreal finally paid off the stadium 30 YEARS (in 2006) after the 1976 Olympics, for which the stadium was built.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

If they put on a shit hot card in the UK and held it at Wembley or Millenium Stadium they'd smash 60-100,000. Especially with the welsh. *awaits Ricky*