Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP vs Anderson Silva - The Superfight.

Default GSP vs Anderson Silva - The Superfight.

Ok, a lot is being said about this potential superfight, GSP a natural WW and Silva a natural MW...

If they were to meet it'd probably be on neutral ground at a huge location in the US but what weight would they fight at... Is it only fair to have it at 177 pounds? It isn't fair it should be higher for GSP's side but Silva hasn't fought lower that 185 for a long long time, how do you think those 7/8 pounds affect him because he's never really come in at 182 when fighting at MW... He's always said he can make WW again I'd like to see him drop it then and fight GSP at 170.

Do you think it will ever happen either way?
    Kris Edwards,www.groundandpound.de/mma/rankings/european-top-ten/bantamgewicht-135lb-61kg/

Anderson has said he wants to fight GSP next and GSP said he's going to go away and think about it, Silva wants to piece of Jones so I'd like to think it will yes.

Thinking if GSP fights like Chael in his first with Anderson, he will finish Anderson. If he attempts to stand at all then he is going to sleep...
    Baroni - "I'm the man, the fucking man, the best ever, ever"

He knows not to stand with him though.

Silva v J Jones is the only one that makes sense...

Not too keen on it personally.

Don't get me wrong if it was to happen I would be as excited as anyone but the MW and WW divisions have been pretty stale regarding title shots as of last and should GSP and Silva fight in May 2013 then it means that the MW title will have been defended once in 21 months and the WW title will have been defended once in 25 months.

Also last night Hendricks vs. Kampmann was for the #1 contender spot and to now fuck Hendricks off after such and impressive win would be unfair on him and then there's the likes of Bisping and Weidman at MW.

Finally GSP has never fought higher than WW in the UFC where as Silva has went up to, and embarrassed, fighters at 205lbs including a former champion. Just doesn't make sense at all IMO.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Agree with what Nathan is saying plus dont think you could make GSP v Silva and Silva v Jones. UFC need to work out which one will be better for them for coverage, exposure and financially and I think that is Silva v Jones in either Brazil, America or a neutral venue in the Americas somewhere like Mexico could also gets guys like Velasquez on.

With Silva 37 years old he is the next 'big one' to be leaving the UFC so they may want to give him a send off in Brasil for his services whereas Jones is alot younger and less experienced in the organisation so they have plenty of time to decide what to do with him and if a move up for him would make sense. Whilst he wouldn't want to end on a loss Anderson would get some serious good money for it!
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Personally i would wet myself if Jones was to fight Silva the Gsp match up wouldnt have the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Silva v J Jones is the only one that makes sense...
    Absolutely.