Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BJJ Blue Belts teaching

Quote Originally Posted by wildorchidx View Post
    2 stripe brown? arek zeincwicz i'm guessing?
    Just to clarify, no idea who this Leon guy is and he doesn't train with us/Arek. Also, Arek is 3 stripe brown belt.

Furthermore, (not a stab at anyone, just getting the facts right) to who over said they have the best grappling record in Aberdeen; Gold Team have taken home medals in the IBJJF European Gi Championships, IBJJF London International Open, and IBJJF European No Gi Championships, International Swedish Open, and plan to compete in the NAGA World Championships next year in New York

Quote Originally Posted by arizonamercedes View Post
    Just to clarify, no idea who this Leon guy is and he doesn't train with us/Arek. Also, Arek is 3 stripe brown belt.

Furthermore, (not a stab at anyone, just getting the facts right) to who over said they have the best grappling record in Aberdeen; Gold Team have taken home medals in the IBJJF European Gi Championships, IBJJF London International Open, and IBJJF European No Gi Championships, International Swedish Open, and plan to compete in the NAGA World Championships next year in New York
    Hey Arazona, hope you guys are putting a team together for vision as it will be great experiance for all these up and coming international comps !!

Quote Originally Posted by arizonamercedes View Post
    Furthermore, (not a stab at anyone, just getting the facts right)
    Hahahahahahahahaha.
    Last edited by Jimbo Slice GCG; 30-11-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

Bloody hell, this thread...

Anyway, to take it back to the original comment. One thing I would like to know is how many high-level BJJ players have studied coaching, before they start putting on classes? A person being good at BJJ is one thing. Knowing how to make others perform better is something entirely different. And I don't mean just reading books. I mean going out and getting experience of coaching - not just in BJJ, but in other fields.

I ask, because as a blue belt, I feel I have a good level of coaching experience and I am always trying to build on it.
    http://www.granitecitygrappling.com/

Am i the only person who thinks this is getting out of hand, the person in question seems to be some kind of headcase. If we choose to ignore the problem, it will go away.
    sick of the bullshit !

Am I the only one who can't make out wtf Leon is saying?!

if you teach BJJ and you and your guys compete and win and you and your guys can go and train in other gyms and compete hold your own or even defeat higher grades then you or your guys should be cool with that. And the fact of the matter is BJJ is perhaps one of the most political sports in terms of gradings! Ive been a blue belt for years been told by numerous purples that i should be graded but with no coach at my team i cant see how this happens i hear of blackbelts coming from brasil or wherever doing a seminar and giving out grades or buying into Gracie barra and being rapidly promoted through the ranks! I dont know but i rolled with blues at another team schooled them and the next night they were awrded purple belts i train in another gym where i roll with a purple who was promoted even though me and my blue belt students could have our way easily with him. the fact of the matter is you dont need to wear the colour to have the knowledge or ability of that colour and that is a fact! I teach BJJ as a blue belt my team shines at comps last comp the scottish bjj nationals i had 8 competitors enter and every single one reached the final and took either gold or silver that is better than any other team did??? Now i am by no means saying that im am the best team in scotland and in fact i am perfectly aware that i am not i am saying that i believe i have the knowledge and the experience to coach even though im a blue belt and so why just to get graded up SHOULD i HAVE to leave my team its a good team afterall???. If you can technically roll with a number of higher grades and handle them would you not be eligible to wear that grade should a blackbelt award you it regardless of where you train rather simply because you are that level and that is it!!! Is their other requirements besides being a decent human being etc etc
    chris carmichael Viper fight team sponsored by www.ontoppromotions.co.uk

Paragraphs??

But anyway... why don't you learn off an instructor? That way grading is no problem either.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

And yes, a blackbelt has to promote, and it should be someone you train with regularly not just a one off seminar (cash for belts).

Self promotion should never happen.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/