Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winner out; replacement and reserves finalised

I have my fingers crossed that someone withdraws/misses weight so Alexei can can jump in, Alexei Vs Stapes would be an awesome final.

Mr Boom is a dark dreadlocked horse in this.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    I have my fingers crossed that someone withdraws/misses weight so Alexei can can jump in, Alexei Vs Stapes would be an awesome final.
    He'd have to win his other fights if they come about first. I don't think Alexei has ever faced someone like Stapes before and feel he'd get beaten decisively a la Jack Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    He'd have to win his other fights if they come about first. I don't think Alexei has ever faced someone like Stapes before and feel he'd get beaten decisively a la Jack Mason.
    At 5' 5" Alexei wasn't built for WW.. at LW hes a different beast, he just needed his first stoppage to convince him.. If he loses the reserve fight against Stu I'll eat my stinking shin pads, the rankings aren't out yet but he should be top 20 imho, so it wont be a walk over by a long way

I appreciate what you're saying, the calibre of fighters Stapes has been in with are much much higher than Alexei but thats your opinion and that's fair enough. After all anything can happen.

The Boom has certainly found a new home at lw. Im scared at what he could do.

Granted Lee has fought a couple of good guys, Alexei's first LW fight was against an opponent who is 3-7-1. Should he fight Maguire, Stringer or Stapes on this night it'll definitely test his ability.

BUT, here's the thing. A loser can't progress, not even by injury default etc. so in theory the reserve bout winner could come in at for the final a la:

In that scenario, it's an open field. This tourney is going to be mad. At some point on the night someone will surely get injured or something and not be able to progress, nature of the beast! Excited for it now.

Images from the draw with Tony Bellew are up at www.facebook.com/yourmma. Might aswell give us a like while you're there!

Running a caption comp on this haha: