Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Winner out; replacement and reserves finalised

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    BUT, here's the thing. A loser can't progress, not even by injury default etc. so in theory the reserve bout winner could come in at for the final a la:

In that scenario, it's an open field. This tourney is going to be mad. At some point on the night someone will surely get injured or something and not be able to progress, nature of the beast! Excited for it now.
    Thats a little sucky though in this sense... Fighter A makes the final, Fighter B drops out, Fighter C steps in and beats Fighter A, and gets 4,000 for it!!!... Waaaaaah.

What if there are two injuries?... and the reserve has already been used from the previous one?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

that geezer was legit!!! just ask melton bowen - though, don't watch the Ruas fight
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I think Alexei has to beat Stu first to become the reserve? What happens if someone drops out without fighting? Does whoever wins out of the reserves have to fight four times? or am i being thick?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    I think Alexei has to beat Stu first to become the reserve? What happens if someone drops out without fighting? Does whoever wins out of the reserves have to fight four times? or am i being thick?
    Id imagine int he event that someone drops out without fighting the two reserves would fight to take that spot, int he event its one of the reserves who drop out the other takes the spot for the reserve fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    Id imagine int he event that someone drops out without fighting the two reserves would fight to take that spot, int he event its one of the reserves who drop out the other takes the spot for the reserve fighter
    So it could be that one of the reserves fights off to get in to the tourny and then could fight 3 more times to win..

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    I swear I read that too fast and my brain melted a bit.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Pretty sure the reason its a fight to be a reserve is so that fight is like their first round so after that fight the winner would have had 1 fights the same as the 4 winners in the tourny. If at that stage someone has to pull out then no-one is at a disadvantage as they all would have had the 1 fight. Its more of an issue if the reserve fighter won in 1 minute and there were no pull outs until the final. Always going to be hard to make it fair to all.

Good luck to all guys, hopefully no-one gets injured and there are some good fights
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Just to clarify the rules (very similar to prizefighter)

Alexei Roberts is first reserve
    Stu Davies is 2nd reserve

If there is a pull out before event or a fighter fails to make weight Alexei will replace them as first reserve.

Any injuries from the commencement of the first fight of the tournament and a coin will be tossed to decide if Alexei or Stu replaces (the fighter who looses the toss becomes second reserve).

If no injuries to any fighter then Alexei will fight Stu after the 2nd semi final.

The reserve fighter entering the tournament only earns the share of prizemoney for the bouts he participated in.

Winner 4000
    Runner up 2000
    Losing semi finalist 1000
    Losing qtr finalist 500

So yes a reserve could enter the final fresh v an opponent who has in theory done six hard five min rounds.

That is the drama of the tournament format.

It is better than people losing and then still re entering the tournament by default.

I cant wait for this now the weigh inns are a week away.

tickets are available on 0151 263 6633 or www.liverpoololympia.com

In addition to the tourny people might have forgot the great undercard :

AFC am MW Title Lee Williams v tbc

LW Jamie Lee v Danny Welsh
    BW Paddy Pimblett v Douggie Scott
    WW Dan Rushworth v Russ Smith
    BW Mike Wooten v Brent Crawley
    FW Saul Rogers v Shay Walsh

Reserve bout

Alexei Roberts v Stu Davies

Round 1:

Bout 1: Martin Stapleton vs. Jamie Rogers