Thread: Cage contender fight stars first round draw results:

Hybrid View

Default Cage contender fight stars first round draw results:

The draw for the Cage Contender Fight Stars lightweight tournament took place today at the Olympia in Liverpool.

Although the show has seen many drop-outs leading up to December 1st, with the most recent being former UFC lightweight Andre Winner, both promoters Chris Zorba and John Ferguson have managed to pull out all the stops and maintain an interesting premise for all fans and fighters alike.

In front of a packed-out crowd at the Olympia, Commonwealth and WBC silver intercontinental light-heavyweight champion boxer Tony Bellew drew the fighters alongside YourMMA’s Jay Furness to make up the first round matches. They are as follows.

FIRST ROUND:

Martin Stapleton vs. Jamie Rogers

Arnold Quero vs. Mihail Kazuku

Uche Ihiekwe vs. Phil Flynn

Chris Stringer vs. Tommy Maguire

So it seems all three Team Kaobon fighters (Stapleton, Stringer and Ihiekwe) all managed to avoid each other in the first round.
    There is also a lightweight rematch in the tournament, which Uche Ihiekwe taking on Phil Flynn in a rematch from there OMMAC 15 bout.

THE FIGHT LOUNGE LINK:
    http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...d-draw-results

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE DRAW ????????????

Draw is perfect IMO! Should be an exciting tourney.

Like yourself Jay, i'm very excited for this tournament and seeing the outcome.
    Not just about who wins it, but the rematch between Uche and Flynn, plus the Kaobon lads
    possibly meeting each other at some point in one of the other rounds.

Uche Ihiekwe “I’m expecting myself to win!”

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...myself-to-win/
    The Fight Lounge - Journalist/Writer/Editor - www.thefightlounge.co.uk