Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Thiago Silva absolutely stupid?!

Default Is Thiago Silva absolutely stupid?!

I honestly cannot believe he's failed another test. The guy must have rocks for brains.

http://www.addictedmma.com/story-New...ended-For-.php
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!

It's crazy man. What's making me laugh is all the people online saying that the UFC are going over the top by making him do rehab.

Lets ignore the legality issues, and whether or not it's a performance enhancer. What it most definitely is, is a no-no in terms of the drug testing procedures that the UFC had in place for that event. So if knowing that...

A) You're a professional athlete, competing on the world's biggest stage
    B) You're not on the thickest of ice having been busted very recently for a similar offence
    C) That there is a very good chance you will be tested at the time of your fight

...you still can't keep off the Mary Jane for just 8 weeks or so around fight time...then yeah, maybe you do have a problem.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Dude knows BJJ and he's Brazilian. Of course he's a stoner.

He's no more stupid than Nick Diaz but more stupid than other competitors who don't get busted.

He looked kinda stoned fighting Nedkov.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Just don't take any form of drugs

Is 'marijuana metabolites' in anyway performance enhancing?

if you take a banned substance and it allows you to cope with nerves better leading up to the fight and so sleep more than you would if you didn't take the substance then it's surely enhanced your performance?

I don't think marijuana should be punishable, but that's a debate for another time.

Since it is, it's stupid that he got caught.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyNasty View Post
    if you take a banned substance and it allows you to cope with nerves better leading up to the fight and so sleep more than you would if you didn't take the substance then it's surely enhanced your performance?
    as a regular smoker who also trains i can guarantee it is in absolutely no way, shape, or form performance enhancing.

it's hard enough to stay motivated and dedicated to train hard and eat well on a daily basis as is, without taking something which makes you want to curl up on a sofa eating chocolate, it can't possibly be performance enhancing. does the lungs no good either.

its really not easy doing the two. if anything the likes of diaz and silva are putting themselves at more of a disadvantage, but that's their choice, it's just weed bro!
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    I don't think marijuana should be punishable, but that's a debate for another time.

Since it is, it's stupid that he got caught.
    and the winner for 10 points.

why risk it? why assume you'll be ok? that's childishly optimistic, given how long that stuff stays in your system.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    as a regular smoker who also trains i can guarantee it is in absolutely no way, shape, or form performance enhancing.

it's hard enough to stay motivated and dedicated to train hard and eat well on a daily basis as is, without taking something which makes you want to curl up on a sofa eating chocolate, it can't possibly be performance enhancing. does the lungs no good either.

its really not easy doing the two. if anything the likes of diaz and silva are putting themselves at more of a disadvantage, but that's their choice, it's just weed bro!
    This.

Forgetting all the 'recovery' business, you're inhaling burnt stuff into your lungs.

In regards to more sleep/recovery and calming nerves, I could list off the amount of anti anxiety stuff people are able to get hold of. Not to mention Valium and over the counter calmers that you could legally use.

If Nick Diaz wants to smoke and go for 5 mile runs then swim to Alcatraz then good for him but he is the ONLY person I know who is an open weed smoker who competes at such a high level consistently so he's an exception.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.