Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Domestic UK Fighter of the Year

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

I agree about Jo Calderwood, the fact that she has been on some big shows and destroyed some girls in the process all whilst making her debut in 2012. Not many people can say they beat a world top 10 fighter, in their division, in their first year as a Pro. I understand that it's Women's MMA and may not be up to the same level as the Men's division but the achievement is massive.
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Quote Originally Posted by ON TOP PROMOTIONS-MMA View Post
    I agree about Jo Calderwood, the fact that she has been on some big shows and destroyed some girls in the process all whilst making her debut in 2012. Not many people can say they beat a world top 10 fighter, in their division, in their first year as a Pro. I understand that it's Women's MMA and may not be up to the same level as the Men's division but the achievement is massive.
    That's the only thing, its a MASSIVE accomplishment but the female pool of fighters in the world at her weight compared to some within a male division is crazy different...

max nunes....

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Yeah, I understand that, but it's going to be difficult to compare achievements from say the Female to the Male division. If you talk about progression made in MMA then she won't be far off!. Sure there are some other worthy choices but people need to bring their names forward and give a reason why they feel to have a chance of winning
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Quote Originally Posted by ON TOP PROMOTIONS-MMA View Post
    Yeah, I understand that, but it's going to be difficult to compare achievements from say the Female to the Male division. If you talk about progression made in MMA then she won't be far off!. Sure there are some other worthy choices but people need to bring their names forward and give a reason why they feel to have a chance of winning
    plus you can only beat who is in front of you, saying that womans MMA isnt as progressed as males is fair comment however its progressed enough that the UFC (one time didnt want WMMA anywhere near it) has signed some of the top fighters.

On top of that Joanne also won a world muay thai title in 2012

Huge year for pendred next year!! Good shout thaison

Pendred,Joanne and (hate to say i told you so ) Rab Whiteford

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett180 View Post
    I'm compiling a shortlist for our annual awards on AddictedMMA and I don't want to miss anyone out. I've got a few names to whittle it down from but who would you guys nominate for the award?

Only guys who are UK born, have fought in the UK this year for a UK based promotion and not signed to the UFC/Bellator etc....
    damm that would rule out cathal pendred and max nunes. ireland and sweden i think. Rob whiteford defo got to be up there.
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by RabTrue View Post
    damm that would rule out cathal pendred and max nunes. ireland and sweden i think. Rob whiteford defo got to be up there.
    My bad it should be UK & Ireland so Pendred is good to go,

Thanks for pointing out Nunes, I forgot he was born in Sweden.
    Last edited by Wickett180; 26-11-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!