Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Domestic UK Fighter of the Year

Nunes' old man's a brit. That count? He'd have my vote, along with Whiteford.

Possibly also Denniston Sutherland. Big turnaround. Well done to him.
    Twitter: @demetriomarquez

Matt Inman and martin Stapleton for coming back after long layoffs. Pietro Menga fighting tough opposition, remaining undefeated and looking impressive while doing so and ..... Robert Whiteford.
    Professional Bantamweight, Record 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett180 View Post
    My bad it should be UK & Ireland so Pendred is good to go,

Thanks for pointing out Nunes, I forgot he was born in Sweden.
    All Nunes fights have happened here... I think he should be included... It's only like us adopting Neil Grove, Karlos Vemola etc etc... In its most famous case Lennox Lewis is the UKs greatest ever boxer, he's Canadian!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Desborough View Post
    Matt Inman and martin Stapleton for coming back after long layoffs. Pietro Menga fighting tough opposition, remaining undefeated and looking impressive while doing so and ..... Robert Whiteford.
    As said before Stapes yes... Maybe not Inman as he just lost to Arish, I wouldn't say Menga has fought tough opposition, he fought Rich who's like 1-5, Shamsul who was 4-7 or something and then fair enough Rady was 2-0 or something but I wouldn't say a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    All Nunes fights have happened here... I think he should be included... It's only like us adopting Neil Grove, Karlos Vemola etc etc... In its most famous case Lennox Lewis is the UKs greatest ever boxer, he's Canadian!!!!
    Actually Lennox Lewis was born in London to Jamaican parents and raised there until he was 12, so we're having him. Overeem was born here and lived here until he was six so I'm claiming him too

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Actually Lennox Lewis was born in London to Jamaican parents and raised there until he was 12, so we're having him. Overeem was born here and lived here until he was six so I'm claiming him too
    Yes fair enough he was born here, he lives here till hes 12 and then moves to the states and represents Canada in the Olympics, not the UK and Ireland. As far as I'm concerned hes Canadian. I suppose though that just proves though if the Canadians can accept Lewis then we can have Nunes haha....

....oh, and Overeem.

EDIT - I suppose if they're included in the UK Rankings then they're fine?
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 27-11-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Whiteford, Calderwood, Menga or Warburton for me!