Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the f#%k is warrior island

Ryan White
    Pro Fighter

Default What the f#%k is warrior island

What the f#%k is warrior island

Any one tell me more and who is in it please all sounds a bit load of the flys meet' that shit film with stone cold and vine jones??
    the bullshit stops when the cage door locks!!! @prosystemsmma

My guess is that it probably doesn't happen.

I googled 'Warrior Island' tonight, and got through the first six pages of search results without finding the 'official' website, www.globalprovingground.com. I'm not saying it's not there, I just gave up at that point.

If you do find the site, what you're treated to is a shit-storm of terrible grammar and spelling. From what I can gather, Global Proving Ground is a service that fighters can sign up to for $100 OR a low monthly fee of $9.95 a month. For that you get...

GPG association fighters will receive valuable media training from marketing experts. Training will include tips on social media networking, how to self-promote, how to land and perfect interviews, how to use GPG video submissions for fight career advancement, and more!

Members receive an official GPG email address.

Members receive an unique GPG Twitter account.

GPG members receive 10% discount on accounting and legal services.

Fighters will receive guidance and training in the martial arts through online videos, newsletters, webinars and in-person seminars from Masters on Warrior Island.

Member can have their tryout video professionally edited by GPG for only $75. (Cost for non-GPG members is $150.)

GPG Members will be sent a "VOTE for me" GPG T-shirt with a QR code that takes people to that members voting page.

Members receive the first look to be signed by the Global Proving Ground worldwide fighting league.

Members receive discounts on top notch training gear. (Gi's, Gloves, Pads, etc.)

Members can change or update their video submissions or submit multiple videos.

GPG Association yearly membership fee is $100 or a low monthly fee of $9.95. Sign up on the right.

A secure Pay Pal option will be available for fan donations to any fighter(s) they choose.

Benefits are always being added. Presently we are offering thousands of dollars in value for only $9.95 a month.
    My favourite is 'Members can change or upload multiple videos'...so YouTube then. Hmm.

Anyway, if you get to the actual site, with a bit of digging you can find some info on Warrior Island (there is nothing but an embedded YouTube vid on the first page). Here is the info on Warrior Island from the official site.

Warrior Island is a Sacred Island within the Ring of Fire of the Pacific, where the top Martial Arts Masters of the World work in harmony to train the most elite Martial Artist from around the Globe. There Fighters called to the island by one voice of the fans worldwide. Guided by Experts like Dan "The Beast" Severn, BJJ Master Relson Gracie and Kung Fu Master Ron Van Clief Warrior Island will enhance the skills of the fighters weekly over a 15 week reality TV show leading to 5 live network fights for Martial Arts Fight Fans of the world. True Fight fans will enjoy the Tournament Style Competition inside the GPG Inner Circle. We are blessed to have Executive Producer / Director Ben Perry a Black Belt himself in charge of the creative genius of the project. At the end of the 5 Fights we will have 1 Light Weight and 1 Heavy Weight Champion each winning a half million dollars on live TV. Then the Masters of the Island will call out to the Fans one more time for a yes or no vote for a super fight between the Light Weight and Heavy Weight Fighter for a 1 million dollar PPV Fight. Fans will Text or call their votes in to ultimately decide on the Superfight. Don't miss WARRIOR ISLAND coming Spring of 2013!
    Again, lets look past the Randomly capitalised And misspelled Words and focus on the content.

Guided by Experts like Dan "The Beast" Severn, BJJ Master Relson Gracie and Kung Fu Master Ron Van Clief Warrior Island will enhance the skills of the fighters weekly over a 15 week reality TV show leading to 5 live network fights for Martial Arts Fight Fans of the world.
    No network is mentioned. Seems strange for a show that is supposed to be starting in Spring of next year. Especially for a show that is giving away at least $2,000,000 in prize money! You'd have to think it'd be a pretty major network that's gonna stump up that cash.

At the end of the 5 Fights we will have 1 Light Weight and 1 Heavy Weight Champion each winning a half million dollars on live TV.
    That's considerably more than the UFC hands over to winner of TUF. Now, I hate to be a cynic, but if the world's biggest name in MMA, backed by Spike TV/Fox hasn't handed out a $500,000 prize over the years for it's reality show - can we really expect a show we've never heard of, with no apparent network affiliation, to be giving out half a mil? That's before we get on to...

Then the Masters of the Island will call out to the Fans one more time for a yes or no vote for a super fight between the Light Weight and Heavy Weight Fighter for a 1 million dollar PPV Fight.
    ANOTHER million! But wait, hang on a second....they're going to have a lightweight fight a heavyweight? I quite rightly called bullshit on this a couple of months ago on Twitter, and was called a 'hater' by a guy called Tony Savo, who is apparently involved in this somehow. He told me that this was a mistake/typo, and that it would be heavyweight vs light heavyweight. Awesome news...so why hasn't it been corrected and why are they letting guys who are clearly in neither of these weight divisions apply?

The whole thing stinks of bullshit IMO. If they get on TV and give $2,000,000 dollars away, I'll eat my hat and audition for the next one myself. Seriously though, smart money says it doesn't happen. Slightly less smart money says it happens in some drastically watered down form (internet show with shit prize money) and never happens again.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Fuck it - I'll do it just for the GPG email account
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

I think its just another pointless thing UCMMA have gotten into. Does Ultimate Ball (The sport for MMA people) still happen?

But you get a unique Twitter account... those are like golddust.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I was hoping for some kind of Battle Royale affair.

Sorely disappointed.

WTF have I just witnessed????
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bri View Post
    WTF have I just witnessed????
    This.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    My style is impeccable, my style is impeccable, my defence is impregnable. This is Chopper. This is me, this is how I roll. I'm real . I'm raw and I'm explosive