Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ben Askren the only threat to GSP's WW title?

Default Is Ben Askren the only threat to GSP's WW title?

The guy can take you down at will and hold you there, could he do it to GSP or anyone of the top 3 guys in the world?

I think GSP would handle Hendricks, just a 5 round grapplefuck, but could he do it Askren?

I don't think anyone at WW could beat GSP by decision. A one-punch KO monster (like Hendricks) is the biggest threat to him.

Agree with BlueRabbit.

I appreciate that, I just think if GSP gets Hendricks down without being hit he'll beat him because he's fought KO artists before like Hardy and Alves, but when you have someone like Askren with the wrestling credentials, I just wondered if anyone thought it was physically possible for him to outwrestle GSP.

remember when people said Jake Shields was the guy

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    remember when people said Jake Shields was the guy
    Fortunately I NEVER said Shields could beat him, he's got a certain level of ability and it falls around Jon Fitch's level... Good, but not good enough.

The most hated Gaijin of all

Diaz would box him up and gogo him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I think GSP would handle Hendricks, just a 5 round grapplefuck, but could he do it Askren?
    Repeatedly take him down? Probably not. Sprawll/scramble back up and punch Askren's face a lot, considering how much success Jay Hieron had doing it? Probably.