Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Ben Askren the only threat to GSP's WW title?

Think Askren would have a better shot than Hendricks. Hendricks' left hook is a monster but when he throws it he's rushing in a lot and think GSP would time it everytime and use his momentum to get the takedown.

Admittedly i haven't seen a lot of Askren but his wrestling credentials speak for themselves. Think GSP would still beat him though his wrestling for MMA is IMO the best there is.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

wanna see diaz fight him
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

Hendricks is a 2 time NCAA Div 1 champ & 4 time All American wrestler... I cant see him get wrestle fucked by GSP. He is defo the biggest threat as he wont be scared to engage with him.

Gunnar Nelson will be his biggest threat once he has climbed the ranks and improved in his weaker areas.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Gunnar Nelson will be his biggest threat once he has climbed the ranks and improved in his weaker areas.
    I've said this for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Hendricks is a 2 time NCAA Div 1 champ & 4 time All American wrestler... I cant see him get wrestle fucked by GSP. He is defo the biggest threat as he wont be scared to engage with him.
    I'm glad someone else brought it up before I did. Just because he hits people and they die he's obviously had his wrestling overlooked (case and point - this thread). He won those titles at a similar weight to what he fights at now too.

I don't see him windmilling against GSP.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Hendricks is a 2 time NCAA Div 1 champ & 4 time All American wrestler... I cant see him get wrestle fucked by GSP.
    He was by Rick Story who is half the MMA wrestler St Pierre is. He's easier to take down than his credentials might suggest because he plants his feet to throw power shots all the time.

I wan't suggesting Hendricks isn't a great wrestling just that the way he throws his punches leaves him wide open for the takedown and if you give GSP an opening for the takedown you can almost guarentee he will secure it
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Koscheck, hughes, fitch need i go on? All elite wrestlers n GSP bitched em wrestling wise
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

after his last performance, I think Hendricks is the biggest threat to GSP. Hendricks has one punch power and we have seen GSP in trouble from single shots before.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!