Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Ben Askren the only threat to GSP's WW title?

Quote Originally Posted by Simba84 View Post
    Koscheck, hughes, fitch need i go on? All elite wrestlers n GSP bitched em wrestling wise
    This.

Non of them hit like Hendricks... we have seen GSP wobbled before remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Non of them hit like Hendricks... we have seen GSP wobbled before remember!
    GSP fights better against heavy hitters because they either plant their feet and/or come barging in and that makes them an easy target for the takedown. Hardy, Condit, Serra (2nd time round), BJ Penn (in some respects) and Alves all have KO ability in both hands... Yet none of them could finish him.

**Please note, I said Serra the second time round, since his loss in their first fight hes never really looked like losing a fight (bar the minute of madness in the condit fight.

Ellenberger and Hendricks have the best shot as both are good wrestlers with KO power. As stated earlier I don't see either of them winning a decision, but they are both very capable of turning GSP's lights out. I think the main benefit of their wrestling credentials is the ability to keep the fight standing longer to land that shot.

Ellenberger has been beaten by both Kampmann and Condit who are ranked above him. I don't see him as too much of a threat imo.

Yeah dont think anyone is capable of decisioning GSP in that division... Hendricks would have to win inside the first 2 rounds for sure.

NONE of the guys you have mentioned grizzly have anything like the power in their hands Hendricks has.

Bearing in mind the thread is "who is the biggest threat" not "Who will beat"

I think Handriks has the tools but as has been stated GSP has fucked all high level wrestlers. But nobody has had the level of wrestling WITH the 1 punch KO power of Hendriks.

Can't believe I didn't mention Gunner Nelson. I believe if Gunner got him to the floor he would tap him but getting GSP on his back is a different story.

Hendricks has been taken the distance 7 times by lesser opponents than GSP so cant see it being anything other than a decision win for GSP

Gunnar would be way, way smaller than GSP... and GSP is used to rolling with Braulio and Roger. I don't think he would be getting subbed.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I think that fight would go a lot like the Fitch fight.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.