So my next door neightbour decided to put a brick through our kitchen window the other night and then ring the police and tell them he had. Landlord has pressed charges for the window, but I've since found he has also broke the microwave and a few other items.

Our lass just spoke to the police and they reckon we can't press charges for criminal damage, it's a civil matter, is this right?

He is in his 60s so a good kicking isn't an option (tempting tho)