Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McGregor v Buchinger for CWFC lightweight title on New Year's Eve

Administrator

Default McGregor v Buchinger for CWFC lightweight title on New Year's Eve

Administrator

When will Phillips be healthy again to rematch with Fields?

Would be awesome if McGregor can become two weight champion.

I know the article says there was an agreement with the former champion (I assume about vacating it), but is there an article or more news about what actually happened?

Quote Originally Posted by jonj View Post
    I know the article says there was an agreement with the former champion (I assume about vacating it), but is there an article or more news about what actually happened?
    No, just what's said in that I think. It's the only news I've heard about it.

Buchinger vs. McGregor is an awesome fight. Was really looking forward to McGregor vs. Alers finally, but that match looks doomed. Props as always to Ian Dean for sorting a more than worthy replacement.

Why should McGregor get to fight for the LW title just out of interest?

Why not? Most of his fights have been at LW. He's fought at LW twice for CWFC and Musardo vacated - makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Why not? Most of his fights have been at LW. He's fought at LW twice for CWFC and Musardo vacated - makes sense to me.
    Just curious, he's obviously been a Featherweight for a little while, other LW fights have happened and I wondered what made them choose McGregor, I'm guessing it's because he has fought at LW and is currently in training to fight that date without an opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by jonj View Post
    I was wondering this, can't believe he beat Joe Duffy that night either, was a good comeback.