Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who and what is mike persie?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerPlata View Post
    The lad who was a "dick head" for not finishing Persil with strikes on the ground fought him in a "no headshots on the ground" match - as requested by Mr. Persil I believe. How many times has anyone been KO'd on the ground from body shots (excluding knees)? Are you the same type of people that shout "Elbow!!" whilst watching amateur fights?

Also, people shouldn't confuse the general attitude towards Persil as derogatory or "disrespectful". He's a bit of a character, and he gets treated as such. Can't remember seeing anything truly malicious said about him.

Well he is at a great club and seemed to pass ok on the ground so i don't think a sub Attempt would of been out of the question oh i forgot he was too busy laughing at his corner and the crowd.

here is link judge for yourself s
    http://youtu.be/F2PAl4yGk_g

The lad who was a "dick head" for not finishing Persil with strikes on the ground fought him in a "no headshots on the ground" match - as requested by Mr. Persil I believe. How many times has anyone been KO'd on the ground from body shots (excluding knees)? Are you the same type of people that shout "Elbow!!" whilst watching amateur fights?

Also, people shouldn't confuse the general attitude towards Persil as derogatory or "disrespectful". He's a bit of a character, and he gets treated as such. Can't remember seeing anything truly malicious said about him.
    I witnessed Steven Harrison winning on Combat Challenge by Ground and Pound to the body in a no headshots fight.

That guy fighting Persil in the video - I hope he is proud of himself. Just made himself look like an arrogant, cocky, little bully. Shame on him for that, shame on OMMAC for putting that fight on and shame on Kaobon for taking that fight to pad their fighters record.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Well he is at a great club and seemed to pass ok on the ground so i don't think a sub Attempt would of been out of the question oh i forgot he was too busy laughing at his corner and the crowd.

here is link judge for yourself s
    http://youtu.be/F2PAl4yGk_g
    To be fair if Persil gets in there then the way the fight goes is the way the fight goes, if he doesn't want to submit him and he wants to tee off on him then so be it but it did look like an extremely bad match up, these things only become aware after the fight has started though, he shouldn't be booked anymore.

True, yes, a sub attempt might have been an option, but I guess it never prevented itself, and yes - I'm sure isolated examples of body shot KOs do exist - but I still think the comments have been a bit unwarranted.

At the time, I never interpreted it as "laughing at his corner and the crowd", I remember thinking that he felt a little embarrassed at the stalemate.

I know Colin isn't a nasty character, and I also know he has a good deal of pride in his grappling/submissions, so perhaps the reason he elected to finish it standing was because Persil wasn't as easy to submit as most people would have expected and he was in danger of making the fight look harder than it should have been.

There's no need for a witchhunt at all. Mike Persil chose to take part in a contest where it was in the rules for him to get hit in the face. Why is there such an outcry when that happens?
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

True, yes, a sub attempt might have been an option, but I guess it never prevented itself, and yes - I'm sure isolated examples of body shot KOs do exist - but I still think the comments have been a bit unwarranted.

At the time, I never interpreted it as "laughing at his corner and the crowd", I remember thinking that he felt a little embarrassed at the stalemate.

I know Colin isn't a nasty character, and I also know he has a good deal of pride in his grappling/submissions, so perhaps the reason he elected to finish it standing was because Persil wasn't as easy to submit as most people would have expected and he was in danger of making the fight look harder than it should have been.

There's no need for a witchhunt at all. Mike Persil chose to take part in a contest where it was in the rules for him to get hit in the face. Why is there such an outcry when that happens?

After reading your comment i take the dick head comment back but i just hope this bad match making lark sorts its act out also respect to you for the manner in which you replied.

You shouldnt knock anyone for fighting me, they can only beat what is put infront of them. Respect to all.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

[QUOTE=Mike Persil;859100]You shouldn't knock anyone for fighting me, they can only beat what is put in front of them. Respect to all.[/QUOTE

You have got yourself a new fan mike only really real advise i would give to you is maybe try get yourself a manager im sure somebody out there would do it even just to watch your back as im sure you know in this game there are so many dodgy promoters who want to keep there prospects records clean and couldn't give a dam who they step over. My point is with a bit better match making and training you could win fight after fight.

My point is with a bit better match making and training you could win fight after fight.
    What fight is Mike Persil winning apart from the 100m sprint to Dementia?

Amaze me
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    What fight is Mike Persil winning apart from the 100m sprint to Dementia?

Amaze me
    Give him a chance man heas only just getting started in the sport. In the right hands this guy could go 3 up on the trot ive seen far worse then this guy on local shows at least he strikes back.