Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Who and what is mike persie?

  1. #51

    Default

    Combat Officials (my team), Ian Butlin and Marc Goddard have all previously agreed not to referee any fights Mike Persil takes part in on shows that we officiate. Promotors are made aware of this prior to Combat Official bookings and i believe Marc and MMA Consultancy do the same

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    he certanely helped a lot of top fighters keep theyre records intacked
    They call me Tel. But its Mr. Tel to you!

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    Combat Officials (my team), Ian Butlin and Marc Goddard have all previously agreed not to referee any fights Mike Persil takes part in on shows that we officiate. Promotors are made aware of this prior to Combat Official bookings and i believe Marc and MMA Consultancy do the same
    As was the case with MMA Officials on Saturday.
    Promoter was informed of this as soon as the fight card was released on the Saturday morning.
    MMA Officials will not referee any fight Mike is involved in.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

  4. #54
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanoW View Post
    As was the case with MMA Officials on Saturday.
    Promoter was informed of this as soon as the fight card was released on the Saturday morning.
    MMA Officials will not referee any fight Mike is involved in.
    Think thats a bit harsh as we have no commission and its kinda scary that guys can get black listed from the sport just because he is over 50 you would of thought safer match making would be better but nobody wants to touch that or suddenly all your prospects would be fighting each other like it should be. So what's the new rule no over 50s seriously lets make it very clear so everyone sings from the same song sheet if its saving him from himself why was Allen allowed to fight the kinda guys he was same kettle of fish if you ask me. If Age is the problem why dosent the promoter pay for medicals. I just think if you go down this road where will it end. I respect mark Ian and all of the legends i just think its scary that's all.

    Plus all your doing here is sending him away to fight on micky mouse shows with shit refs where the shit really could hit the fan at least in your hands he would be safe.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 05-12-2012 at 07:31 PM.

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Think thats a bit harsh as we have no commission and its kinda scary that guys can get black listed from the sport just because he is over 50 you would of thought safer match making would be better but nobody wants to touch that or suddenly all your prospects would be fighting each other like it should be. So what's the new rule no over 50s seriously lets make it very clear so everyone sings from the same song sheet if its saving him from himself why was Allen allowed to fight the kinda guys he was same kettle of fish if you ask me. If Age is the problem why dosent the promoter pay for medicals. I just think if you go down this road where will it end. I respect mark Ian and all of the legends i just think its scary that's all.

    Plus all your doing here is sending him away to fight on micky mouse shows with shit refs where the shit really could hit the fan at least in your hands he would be safe.
    What are you on about mate? Credible people in the sport of MMA are refusing to allow Mike to fight for his own good because - in their qualified opinion - he is a danger to himself (and therefore to the sport, were anything tragic to happen in the cage, God forbid).

    People don't have the right to just "be" MMA fighters. They have to earn it by at least being able to avoid serious damage time after time. Being 50-odd is not the sole reason for Mike not being allowed to fight - that is just something which seriously compounds the fact that he inevitably takes a ton of unhealthy shots no matter who he fights. Mike's had his fights, and fair play to him, but he should stop.

    Your last line was ridiculous. You make it sound as if the bigger UK MMA shows have a responsibility to have Mike on their cards, or else a tragedy on a smaller show is on their hands. Ridiculous.

    And please don't confuse being prevented from doing yourself harm as being "blacklisted".
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    If you want your sport to grow you will need to get used to guys like Mike. Its just you publicly saying it on here is a bit harsh its Mikes choice if he wants to fight. The sport of mixed martial arts is not just for Amazing fighters its for all standards there for if you guys did better match making then we wouldn't have this problem. Im not saying let him on Bamma but letting him on a under card or a contenders show would help the situation better. I honestly think mike would not look so bad had he been matched correctly. In my and a few others who i knows opinion bad match making makes some of the shows look a joke.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    I honestly think mike would not look so bad had he been matched correctly. In my and a few others who i knows opinion bad match making makes some of the shows look a joke.
    Ok who do you match him up with?

    Someone of a similar record?

    Craig Allen would smash him.
    Andy Cona would KO him and is much bigger anyhow.
    If he fought Danny Welsh he'd leave in a wheelbarrow.

    There's no way for him to fight safely. Everyone's skirting around saying this but there comes a point when you've gotta stand up and look at it logically. He's got balls to get in there for real but his severe lack of skill and ability puts him at risk every time. He's rubbish. That's why he repeatedly gets beaten up.

    Yeah the matchmaking doesn't help but there's no way to match him up equally because there's no other fifty year old tomato cans knocking around.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

  8. #58
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Ok who do you match him up with?

    Someone of a similar record?

    Craig Allen would smash him.
    Andy Cona would KO him and is much bigger anyhow.
    If he fought Danny Welsh he'd leave in a wheelbarrow.

    There's no way for him to fight safely. Everyone's skirting around saying this but there comes a point when you've gotta stand up and look at it logically. He's got balls to get in there for real but his severe lack of skill and ability puts him at risk every time. He's rubbish. That's why he repeatedly gets beaten up.

    Yeah the matchmaking doesn't help but there's no way to match him up equally because there's no other fifty year old tomato cans knocking around.
    How would Allen smash him? Thats very debatable the super fight has been on the cards for over a year now i mean allen won a few but look how many fights it took plus the Manchester magic really seemed pumped up for Allen sometimes as a fighter you need that motivation in order to push yourself in training and i think the Allen fight would do that for him it could be his chance to prove to everyone he has what it takes. Also he is a legit judo player that will come in handy against Allen who i think he will take down with ease. Give him a final send off they both want the fight is there no way it can happen?

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    If you want your sport to grow you will need to get used to guys like Mike. Its just you publicly saying it on here is a bit harsh its Mikes choice if he wants to fight. The sport of mixed martial arts is not just for Amazing fighters its for all standards there for if you guys did better match making then we wouldn't have this problem. Im not saying let him on Bamma but letting him on a under card or a contenders show would help the situation better. I honestly think mike would not look so bad had he been matched correctly. In my and a few others who i knows opinion bad match making makes some of the shows look a joke.
    what a tool
    u eva watched an mma fight
    u understand what makes a half descent fighter
    u understand anything about safty of a fighter
    do u even care about safty

    i will answer all for u

    no

    u r a nob

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    How would Allen smash him? Thats very debatable the super fight has been on the cards for over a year now i mean allen won a few but look how many fights it took plus the Manchester magic really seemed pumped up for Allen sometimes as a fighter you need that motivation in order to push yourself in training and i think the Allen fight would do that for him it could be his chance to prove to everyone he has what it takes. Also he is a legit judo player that will come in handy against Allen who i think he will take down with ease. Give him a final send off they both want the fight is there no way it can happen?
    biggar nob

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.