Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is really to blame for Mike Persil?

Hybrid View

Default Who is really to blame for Mike Persil?

Let's name, shame and expose the people who have taken advantage of this man.

If anyone knows of any PROMOTERS who have booked this man, please name them on this thread. PROMOTERS, perhaps you will step forward and admit to booking Persil, and explain yourselves.

If anyone knows of any FIGHTERS who have fought Persil, please name them on this thread. It is about time people padding records by fighting bums like Mike were exposed. FIGHTERS, perhaps you will step forward and admit to fighting Mike to pad your record, and explain yourselves.

No promoter who has booked/fighter who has fought Persil can justify their actions, but I would love to hear them try and explain why they did it.

It's not fair to put the heat on Persil - people are taking advantage of him, and they need to be accountable.

According to Sherdog, these six fighters have each fought Persil in the last two years

Andy Green - Dog Eat Dog 4 - 29/01/11 - Green won via RNC after 21 seconds

John Close - Total Combat 40 - 07/05/11 - Close won via KO after 27 seconds

Jonny Goodall - Made 4 The Cage 3 - 24/07/11 - Goodall won via KO after 8 seconds

Colin Rigby - OMMAC 11 All or Nothing - 03/09/11 - Rigby won via TKO after 2 mins 14 seconds

Edward Arthur - UFA 1 - 02/10/11 - Arthur won via guillotine after 22 seconds

Jody Collins - CFC 13 - 01/07/12 - Rigby won via TKO after 52 seconds

I am sure he has had more fights, but, as a starting point, that makes grim reading.

Any of the "fighters" (bullies) mentioned here care to explain yourselves. Perhaps the coaches of these bullies could explain why they let their fighter take the fight. Promoters of the six shows mentioned, care to explain why you booked this poor poor man?

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Belt View Post
    According to Sherdog, these six fighters have each fought Persil in the last two years

Andy Green - Dog Eat Dog 4 - 29/01/11 - Green won via RNC after 21 seconds

I was at this show and I'd never heard of Mike at this time, just that he was '50 something' I believe he'd never fought so therefore you can't say that Green took the piss.

John Close - Total Combat 40 - 07/05/11 - Close won via KO after 27 seconds

At this point, Mike had had 1 fight and 1 loss at Semi Pro, yes it ended quickly but even great fighters have been submitted early in a round to their dissapointment, I agree he probably shouldn't have fought Pro but he accepted it and it happened. (It says pro on Sherdog and MMAU so I'm taking that as literal.

Jonny Goodall - Made 4 The Cage 3 - 24/07/11 - Goodall won via KO after 8 seconds

Maybe at this point, alarm bells could have started ringing but if Goodall didn't know who his opponent was until he stepped into the cage then all he could do was win the fight.

Colin Rigby - OMMAC 11 All or Nothing - 03/09/11 - Rigby won via TKO after 2 mins 14 seconds

At this point with 3 fights to his resume and 3 really quick finishes he shouldn't have been used, so say what you want.

Edward Arthur - UFA 1 - 02/10/11 - Arthur won via guillotine after 22 seconds

This was actually a 'NO' headshots fight so effectively a grappling match which Sledge said he reffed above, this match up was fine, he just lost through getting out grappled.

Jody Collins - CFC 13 - 01/07/12 - Rigby won via TKO after 52 seconds

Shouldn't have happened at all.

I am sure he has had more fights, but, as a starting point, that makes grim reading.

Any of the "fighters" (bullies) mentioned here care to explain yourselves. Perhaps the coaches of these bullies could explain why they let their fighter take the fight. Promoters of the six shows mentioned, care to explain why you booked this poor poor man?
    I believe in freedom of speech, so just dissecting your post I've edited it above.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 06-12-2012 at 01:52 PM.

I am sure I read once that Jonny Goodall didn't know who he was fighting till the day and had never heard of him or anything about him before until after the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I am sure I read once that Jonny Goodall didn't know who he was fighting till the day and had never heard of him or anything about him before until after the fight.
    yeah iv heard that too, you cant blame someone who didnt know about their opponent, its the responsibility of the promotor to make sure the guys they are booking to fight are of sound mind and ability to fight not the responsibility of the opponent to pick and choose their fights

I reffed him in a no head shot match. Does that make me guilty?

This thread is a bit better as its not really calling him names im sure Mike can compete in the sport, as a community you just need to help him decide where he fits in. I mean no head shot bouts one would think would suit all party's involved or even some of the Jitz guys could invite him to get involved and take him to Grapple comps etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    This thread is a bit better as its not really calling him names im sure Mike can compete in the sport, as a community you just need to help him decide where he fits in. I mean no head shot bouts one would think would suit all party's involved or even some of the Jitz guys could invite him to get involved and take him to Grapple comps etc.
    As an MMA community I think we are helping him fit in by advising him to stop competing in MMA bouts. Surely that's showing that we care? I really can't see what he is trying to prove. Has he got goals or aspirations in MMA?

You said yourself, he should get along to some Grappling tournaments so that's really where his place in MMA is?

I would hate to see something bad happen to him.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Sledge you are always guilty! LOL
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Sledge you are always guilty! LOL
    This.