Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is really to blame for Mike Persil?

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    This thread is a bit better as its not really calling him names im sure Mike can compete in the sport, as a community you just need to help him decide where he fits in. I mean no head shot bouts one would think would suit all party's involved or even some of the Jitz guys could invite him to get involved and take him to Grapple comps etc.
    As an MMA community I think we are helping him fit in by advising him to stop competing in MMA bouts. Surely that's showing that we care? I really can't see what he is trying to prove. Has he got goals or aspirations in MMA?

You said yourself, he should get along to some Grappling tournaments so that's really where his place in MMA is?

I would hate to see something bad happen to him.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

there have been threads on hear before about allowing people to fight who have mental health issues. I feel this may be the case with Mike as he simply does not understand he has no place in a cage and no amount of 1 sided beatings seem to register with him. And its not that he is brave, as the second he is hit he drops to the canvas and taps out. Talk of grappling contests is also stupid, as he has no skills on the ground or athletic ability.

The fact that some of the busier referees have all agreed to not referee him will limit his availibility and can only be a good thing.

In any combat sport (specifically though full contact with physical risks) - you have to realise that you will always have a scattering of people who will fight win or lose. Now, if a man wants to fight just because he like to fight - even if he is lower skill level, shouldn't we let him fight but simply have medical requirements in place? If he's being k.o'd left right and centre then so be it that he should be checked out and scanned over. If you fell and banged your head several times in a year - you would expect to get checked out.
    I don't have any qualms with people fighting, no matter how many times they lose (or by what method) just as long as they are minimising risk and being medicaly cared for.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

To get the thread back on point;

This thread is not about what Mike should do. It is universally accepted that he should not fight anymore. Don't think grappling comps are gonna solve his seemingly insatiable desire to compete in combat sports and get his ass kicked.

I know Mike posts on here - Mike, WHY do you compete in MMA? It can't be a career path choice that is for sure. The only reason I can think is that you maybe need the money you are given to pad someones record. If that is the case, that is a massive shame, but doesn't justify promoters paying you to get your head kicked in.

This thread is about exposing those who have taken advantage of, and abused, Persil. Also would be good to find out why those who did just that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Belt View Post
    This thread is about exposing those who have taken advantage of, and abused, Persil. Also would be good to find out why those who did just that did it.
    I responded to that point.

i was at total combat and seen the fight with john close, john i would say is mid/late 40s so it will have been his most evenly matched id of thought. every1 thought he was 1 of the corner men, untill he came out watching some fights with his ear plugs in psycing himself up

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I responded to that point.
    No you didn't. YOU tried to explain it. But I want to hear from the people themselves.

But if I tried to explain it then I responded... And I responded the point in which you made regarding the people he fought.

My mistake. Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    In any combat sport (specifically though full contact with physical risks) - you have to realise that you will always have a scattering of people who will fight win or lose. Now, if a man wants to fight just because he like to fight - even if he is lower skill level, shouldn't we let him fight but simply have medical requirements in place? If he's being k.o'd left right and centre then so be it that he should be checked out and scanned over. If you fell and banged your head several times in a year - you would expect to get checked out.
    I don't have any qualms with people fighting, no matter how many times they lose (or by what method) just as long as they are minimising risk and being medicaly cared for.
    Thanks for that post thats what ive been trying to say but you put it way better then i ever could.