Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is really to blame for Mike Persil?

Fuck it id do a better job then this lot time to get involved lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Belt View Post
    How could anyone ever book you again after that post, where you clearly implied you have taken dives for cash.

Bob Sapp makes money doing it because he is a bona fide star who fought THE BEST IN THE WORLD in his day. You are a nobody who embarasses himself week in week out
    To me that's not what he said... He clearly said he is a stand up fighter and made reference that Danny is as well, Danny has an experienced background in thai boxing and everyone knows that, Brad likes to stand and everyone has seen that, what he said is that his ground game isn't great and if he gets taken down the CHANCES are he's going to lose... If the fight ends up in an area that he's particularly great in eg the ground, then chances are he's going to get outgrappled and beat 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Fuck it id do a better job then this lot time to get involved lol
    I'd like to watch you fight Dan make sure you keep your chin down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I'd like to watch you fight Dan make sure you keep your chin down.

lmao id get killed but watching the lee cage vids got me exited haha

How could anyone ever book you again after that post, where you clearly implied you have taken dives for cash.

Bob Sapp makes money doing it because he is a bona fide star who fought THE BEST IN THE WORLD in his day. You are a nobody who embarasses himself week in week out
    thats not what i said at all. any fight im in i want to win and will try my best to do so. I have never been knocked down by a punch, tapped to strikes or looked to take the easy way out. see my fight with Towler as an example when i gave up 35kg and chose to carry on after getting hit in the head illegally. But i am limited on the ground compared to good pros and do struggle there with them.

agreed i am a nobody as a fighter, but thats not the point.

the point is that there are some journeymen fighters out there who dont look to just lay down at the first punch or tap to strikes. you could punch my face off b4 that happens.Nothing wrong with been a journey man. But unlike Mike im not at risk of getting killed and will fight back

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    the point is that there are some journeymen fighters out there who dont look to just lay down at the first punch or tap to strikes. you could punch my face off b4 that happens.Nothing wrong with been a journey man. But unlike Mike im not at risk of getting killed and will fight back
    Tbh anyone who steps in there with Towler deserves respect.

You are full of it you little bully. Surely at the weigh ins you saw who it was. It is a fact that you knew before you entered the cage who you were fighting. As soon as you found out it was Persil you should have shown integrity and pulled out yourself. But your arrogance wouldn't let you and you saw the chance of an easy win.

I kind of object to people saying that Persil and others like him stepping up to a fight can prevent a camp from being "wasted". That bully Goodall's fight lasted 8 seconds. A whole camp to knock out an old man in EIGHT SECONDS. That sounds like just as much of a waste as if the fight had never happened at all.
    Lol your a tit. If you were there you may know of the circumstances but if you are not then check yoself before you wreck yoself. I attended the weigh-in and because I had an opponent on 24hour notice was told he was going to weigh-in before the show as couldn't make morning weigh-ins. Also if you check Persils record you will see I was his 2nd fight and I fought him when he was either unknown or pretty much unknown.

Anymore cheek and I'll spank you with your belt. If you read correctly I didn't say he prevented my camp being wasted, I said that it is a waste of experience for amateur fighters when they could fight someone skilled. Think I am the only bully who chose to fight Whiteford (who was 5/6-1 at the time) in my first Pro fight lolol
    https://www.facebook.com/JonnyAfroThunderGoodall 66kg Am: 7-3, Pro: 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    myself and danny both paid our weddings by taking fights against anyone on any show. I made decent money fighting Darren Towler on a few days notice. Tho i made more by fighting K1 and Boxing down south, and had some wars with big name unlincensed lads that the fans loved. Im pretty sure my job was to loose those fights, some of which i did. If taken down in mma by a decent pro im gonna loose, but if they stand ill have a bang, as will danny. Promotors like that as we come to fight, look half decent but when put on my back the hometown lad is probably gonna tap me out and the many fans go home happy, as does the promotor.

Bob Sapp makes a great living by doing it, he admits he taps when in danger as hes probably fighting a few weeks later for and isnt going to risk loosing that income.
    if your implying that your stand up's good but your ground game/wrestling is shit, then why not go train some grappling? or are you just happy to stay at the level, knowing just a slight improvement could change your game totally? your actually happy being the foot matt for the 'local' lad??

you either a) ultimately rate striking over grappling, and just dont bother with the 'man hugging' or b) just dont have enough drive. what harm is 2 or 3 grappling sessions a week if your taking fights left, right and centre? if you love MMA (your job) surely you would look to better yourself ????

MMA isn't always a job for people though.

If you have a full time job, family, other commitments etc then the 2 or 3 grappling sessions a week you mention are not always possible in some cases.

I would love to have time to attend even 1 class lol.

You have to bare in mind not all pro fighters actually do this as a profession as there is not enough money in the sport.

I am sure most fighters would love the luxury of being able to get up and train 3 times a day and not have to worry about much else but not everyone can.

Granted some fighters (a select few) manage to hold full time jobs down and have a good training schedule and fight career but everyone's circumstances are different and not all can do it.
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com