Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimi Manuwa vs. Cyrille Diabate - UFC on Fuel TV 7

Default Jimi Manuwa vs. Cyrille Diabate - UFC on Fuel TV 7

Sources close to the situation have stated that Manuwa will take on Diabate in February. Could be a cracking one this!

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...-on-fuel-tv-7/
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Was hoping for a bit bigger of a step up for Jimi.

He should take that one fairly easily.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I hope Manuwa is focused because against Kyle he got sloppy and allowed himself to be taken down during moments where he looked like he didn't care.

Cyrille will batter him in the stand up so I hope his wrestling has improved. And cardio.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    Was hoping for a bit bigger of a step up for Jimi.

He should take that one fairly easily.
    I think it's a good match. Manuwa won't walk through diabate, his stand up is solid. Who do you think he should fight? Manuwa is 1-0 in the UFC the fight makes sense.
    Fuck no-gi

Ryan White
    Pro Fighter

I think jimi will take this one it won't be easy but will make for a good fight both guys have good stand up but I think jimi will be much stronger then him
    the bullshit stops when the cage door locks!!! @prosystemsmma

Diabate has better stand up but jimi has more power in his hands. I'm surprised that anyone would think this is an easy fight. I think this has the makings of being an absolute fckin battle. Great matchup IMO, think this is pretty close to a 50/50 fight

I see Jimi being exposed by a better striker.
    Baroni - "I'm the man, the fucking man, the best ever, ever"

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Those saying it is an easy fight can't be further from the truth. Cyrille is a very technical striker and won't be there to hit, likewise he will get through and hit Jimi. I think Cyrille will look to take it to the floor and lock on another Sub (RNC). I put on him last time to win by Sub and he gladly came up with the goods. It is a similar fight for him (Diabate) as Chad Griggs (82% KO win ratio) and he knew he could Sub him, I expect him to try the same to Jimi (92% KO ratio).

I am torn on this one as I have met Cyrille quite a few times and he is a sound guy but also want to see the Brit prevail so I guess I am on the fence and hope for a good fight.
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Diabate has better stand up but jimi has more power in his hands. I'm surprised that anyone would think this is an easy fight. I think this has the makings of being an absolute fckin battle. Great matchup IMO, think this is pretty close to a 50/50 fight
    Quote Originally Posted by ON TOP PROMOTIONS-MMA View Post
    Those saying it is an easy fight can't be further from the truth. Cyrille is a very technical striker and won't be there to hit, likewise he will get through and hit Jimi. I think Cyrille will look to take it to the floor and lock on another Sub (RNC). I put on him last time to win by Sub and he gladly came up with the goods. It is a similar fight for him (Diabate) as Chad Griggs (82% KO win ratio) and he knew he could Sub him, I expect him to try the same to Jimi (92% KO ratio).

I am torn on this one as I have met Cyrille quite a few times and he is a sound guy but also want to see the Brit prevail so I guess I am on the fence and hope for a good fight.
    Both good posts. I want to see a stand up war and even though I like Cyrille I want to see Jimi win.