Thread: inflamed rotary, recovery and exercise

Hybrid View

Default inflamed rotary, recovery and exercise

went to the osteopath yesterday and he says my rotary/tendons (in the rear) are seriously inflamed. im icing a few times a day, he told me to do it for 20 minutes at a time and doing a couple of exercises the osteopath showed me.

he thinks it'll take atleast a month for me to recover. what can i do speed this process up? can i still go bjj and just do technuique or would this be a bad idea?

would getting massages just irritate the tendons?

would getting a foam roller be a good idea?

Sorry, only realised after posting that this is for Rosi to answer so I have deleted my post. If any moderators see this, please could you remove my post.
    Last edited by AndrewG; 13-12-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Hi Shaun

It depends on exactly what's going on - I'd need to have a look at it myself to give specific advice. With some shoulder problems, a good sports massage can really help, for others not so much.

I'd say that a foam roller is a very handy thing to have anyway, and if you're reasonably sensible you're very unlikely to do any harm.

Sorry to be so vague!

Rosi
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation