Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Top Weekender! coming soon....

Hybrid View

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Default On Top Weekender! coming soon....

More info to follow, an exciting concept on it's way!
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

On Top bosses plan MMA weekender. Live on Herald Scotland now.

http://bit.ly/Uq81Yz
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

not sure of what to make about this, i love that ontop shows are 100% pro thats really cool, iv also found that some amateur shows exciting and the fact that the new rule set means its just like pro anyway is cool.

My concern would be that having two shows on a day after each other means that people will likely choose what show to go too as opposed to managing to go to both. Hopefully they can pull it off

It's a risk for sure, but if it works it could be immense. Makes sense as there will be savings on venue hire and on the logistics of setting up the show once instead of twice. I'm guessing there will be ticket deals etc. And it's cool how the all-pro card will remain so, and there's a completely new event for amateur fights. Exciting stuff.
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    It's a risk for sure, but if it works it could be immense. Makes sense as there will be savings on venue hire and on the logistics of setting up the show once instead of twice. I'm guessing there will be ticket deals etc. And it's cool how the all-pro card will remain so, and there's a completely new event for amateur fights. Exciting stuff.
    its a bit like a fight league as well the top amateur guys would make a natural progression to the pro shows, amateur tourneys to get the finale on the pro card would be nice.

sounds like a great idea hopefully it pays off for them!!!

Are on top going to do a mma night in Edinburgh???

Quote Originally Posted by david85 View Post
    Are on top going to do a mma night in Edinburgh???
    Cool - hope it comes off for them. I know of shows down here that have done a matinee type amateur show during the day and then the main show on the night in the same venue, similar kind of thing and separates the two; different crowds, but discounts if you want to do both. As mentioned, logistics are a lot easier because two shows are set up as one.

Get enough ticket sellers matched I'm sure it will work out

Get a grappling comp on the go as well!
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee