Thread: "So you want to be a fucking fighter ? "

Default "So you want to be a fucking fighter ? "

It's that time again, what time i hear you with the heady tone filled with a mixture of anticipation and excitement well it's the lastest offering from Colossus Concerns don't by shy have a read and share as always intrested in your thoughts, cheers
    http://colossalconcerns.com/

Anyone here ? Do you agree, disagree, like, not like. Let us know.

Good read as always dude. Its a 50/50 situation, can see both sides of it, think you went over it more in depth on a podcast awhile ago - well the Jones saga anyway, made some good points for both sides of the argument. If you are top of the pile I suppose you can be more choosy and rightly so if you want to stay there, not taking last minute changes etc, not choosing opponents though...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Good read as always dude.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Its a 50/50 situation
    every time i think about it I come to a standstill. who to side with? no-one is my best answer. think the validity of requests to compete - and resulting answers - should be decided on a case by case basis.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

A good read as always...

As Jimi said its all about the context and risk vs. reward.
    Baroni - "I'm the man, the fucking man, the best ever, ever"

Think you guys are right, I was talking to someone on Reddit who wanted to put guidelines to it I.E If some one pulls out 3wks from a fight rather that 2 months sounds good but every situation different. I think its down to the UFC to make fighters feel comfable they can risk fighting hard and as long ad they do they'll have a job while at the same time making it competitive. It's a tough job.

Too many variables to have a standard on it, depends if the fighter has been in a camp, depends if the fighter has any injuries he may not have disclosed, depends if there is a bump in payscale for taking the fight, if the fighter thinks he can easily win the fight or not, if he needs the money or not, depends where he is the rankings and if this would bump him up or just leave him sat where he was anyway and so on and so forth...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.