Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MMC FIGHT CLUB 1 PREVIEW: Paul Reed vs. Sebastian Grabarek

its off bro
    Im pissed had a day off and all to go down to support
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

MMC FC Event CANCELLED (16/12/12)

Due to unforeseen circumstances and events beyond control, the MMC FC event at O2 Indigo tonight has been cancelled.

Fans are advised not to make their way to the venue.

MMC FC apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience and advise those who purchased tickets to please contact the ticket provider for a refund.

Further information is to follow.
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

Feel so sorry for the fighters, what a joke
    @tommysekal

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Cheers for info. Absolutely gutted, I wanted to see pudz live, Reedy & Thompson.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

If true feel for the promoters in this case but a shame to cancel the whole event cos two big names like that pulled out

(December 16th.12) Regarding the cancellation of December 16th's MMC Fight Club 1 “Revelation”, several facts have surfaced that highlight the blatant efforts to sabotage the London based event.

On December 14th at approximately 7pm, Mariusz Pudzianowski posted on Polish forums that he would not be attending London or MMC FC due to a contract issue. However, up until this point, Pudzianowski had no concerns and was happy to promote the event.

It had been rumoured for a number of weeks that Mariusz Pudzianowski had been contacted by another popular MMA promotion and was warned that if he appeared on MMC FC, he would never work with them again. On 15/12/12 Pudzianowski withdrew from his scheduled bout and tweeted that he would be appearing on KSW in June 2013.

A tweet sent to Pudzianowski of which he replied to, revealing his intentions to fight elsewhere: “@Cali6an: @pudzianmariusz Haha aprreciate it. So Mariusz, I've heard that your next fight in KSW is only in June.will you fight abroad until then?”

On 15/12/12 at the pre-fight press conference; several competitors on the card of MMC Fight Club 1 “Revelation” over heard a conversation between the management of Polish heavyweight Damian Grabowski and MMC FC promoters. Grabowski's management were heard demanding an extra 7-thousand outside of his contracted payment, or else Grabowski would not fight.

Rumours began filtering through from MMC FC Connections in Poland that Damian wasn't coming as he had been sick but wanted to obtain the rest of his money 4 days before the fight.

Tyberiusz Kowalczyk (Tyberian) had also asked for an increase in money despite being a fighter who has never fought and has an MMA record of 0-0-0. The promoters were told unless we released funds to a friend of Grabowski and paid Tyberian prior to Grabowski's arrival, Grabowski would not be attending. This demand was made the day before the fight.

In an act of intimidation; Grabowski's management team attended the pre-fight press conference mob handed when making their demands.

Grabowski was paid 5-thousand up front, despite not fulfilling his commitment to MMC FC.

Furthermore, it was discovered that Polish fighters had pressure put on them by Tyberian's manager and entourage not to fight.

Why is it that despite false complaints made by the Polish contingent, all UK fighters, Swedish fighters and Irish fighters have not complained and find themselves victims of this outrageous behaviour?

Despite what appears to be a blatant attempt to sabotage the debut show of MMC Fight Club and their efforts to champion MMA of both Britain and the rest of Europe, all fighters set to appear on MMC FC 1 “Revelation” have been paid .
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

Quote Originally Posted by r-v View Post
    If true feel for the promoters in this case but a shame to cancel the whole event cos two big names like that pulled out
    How many fights were on the card though?

It also states that the Polish management/entourage that were there "persuaded" or put pressure onto the other Polish fighters to pull out so assuming the likes of Sabastian Grabarek was off the card? so Reedy would not have got his fight. The Kris Barras fight was already off as his opponent had pulled previously. How many more fights were on the card? With only a handful left then it probably would not be worth it.

Sounds very mafia to me
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!