Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: News update the Manchester magic forced out of his bout

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    Were all the officials supplied by MMA Officials or just Dean Weir checking the fighters over?

A promoter matching himself against Persil is past shocking, he should be made to fight a real MMA fighter infront of a bunch of his mates, see how he jumps around then. Pussy.
    As far as I've been made aware MMA Officials refused to referee the fight but the promotion insisted it go ahead, hence a referee with no MMA experience officiating it at late notice (not via MMA Officials).

As well as the obvious monstrosity......that show looks proper dog shite
    - KRIS BARRAS - FORCA LUTA -

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    As far as I've been made aware MMA Officials refused to referee the fight but the promotion insisted it go ahead, hence a referee with no MMA experience officiating it at late notice (not via MMA Officials).
    I did wonder, didn't strike me as someone Neil or Dean would put in there, knowing both well and working with both I know their exacting standards
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Thats exactly what i thought but i saw the big MMA Officials logo on Deans T Shirt as he was checking the fighters over. Hopefully it wont happen again
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    Thats exactly what i thought but i saw the big MMA Officials logo on Deans T Shirt as he was checking the fighters over. Hopefully it wont happen again
    In fairness tho if they refused to referee the fight they called the promoters bluff as best they could
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    I've been watching Syrian execution videos on LiveLeak all afternoon and, even compared to them, this video was uncomfortable viewing.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

wont let me watch the video says it's private now
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Firstly I must state I have never professed to being any good, but I have never cheated putting my knee down on semi pro to get a DQ win.
    Secondly to those who have said MMA Officials are on a witch hunt for me, because they have stopped my last 3 fights from happening in the last 3 months and there are those with worse records, like the guy in the North East who is 0-20-0 and left him alone, they are only exercising their right to apply their labour when and where they want and I hold no grudges. So you can cut them some slack as they are good for the sport.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

MIKE, YOU ARE NO GOOD FOR THE SPORT - END OF

Can't be bothered arguing about it but you are. There are Journeyman and then there is you under that.

Like ive said before, well done you have proved you have balls but please do not drag the sport down that we all love for the sake of?????? what???? not even sure what motivates you??
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

The one thing that puzzles me more than anything about this whole situation, is why is it that no-one discusses the possibility of Mike Persil beocming more involved through training to be judge or a ref. It is the obvious way for a person who lacks the requisite level fo skill and/or is too old to compete at a high level and is enthusiastic about MMA to get heavily involved in the sport in a rewarding and safe way. Or is that a suggestion that's already been made but got buried in a myriad od 'Mike is a crap fighter' type posts
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with